Monday, January 30, 2012

State of the Stack (Jan. 30, 2012)

This is my second State of the Stack post. It is my way to keep track of my review books and to hopefully reduce the stack that I have waiting for me. Here is my Review Books spreadsheet.

Here is a photo of the physical part of my review stack:
There are eighteen books on the stack. Five of them are new this month. I did read two that were on the pile last month and the five I took home for my Christmas Break. 

I am currently reading and listening to Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan. I got the audiobook for review from Macmillan Audio on Jan. 16 and the print book on Jan. 25. I bought the print book so that I could do a read-along but am finding it easy to listen to even without following along.

Last month I had 11 Kindle books for review. I did read six of them this month. However, I added five new Kindle review books this month. Here is what is on my Kindle for review now.


The Kingdom by Amanda Stevens (NetGalley)
Spellcaster by Cara Lynn Schultz (NetGalley)
Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter (NetGalley)
Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown (NetGalley)
Griffin's Fire by Darby Karchut (sent to me by the author)

These are the ones that are holdovers from last month. All of them were sent to me by their authors.


The Second Coming by David H. Burton 
Darkride by Laura Rede
Dragon's Pupils: The Peaks by Martin Chu Shi
Earth Blend by Lori Pescatore
The Fate of the Muse by Derrolyn Anderson

I also received, read, and reviewed these this month.
Time Out by Jill Shalvis (NetGalley)
Daughter of the Centaurs by Kate Klimo (Amazon Vine)
Iris and the Dragonflies by Rosemary Danielis (Author)

All in all, I read 16 review books this month and added 10 new ones to the group. I will be checking in again in a month to report my progress. Do you have any of these on your review stack? Comment and share what you have waiting to review. If you have read any of these, I would also be eager to hear what you think about them.


2 comments:

  1. You read an amazing amount in a month. Looks like an interesting collection.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't read most of these-- I don't get many review copies. Am dying to have a look at Rebel Fire, though!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!