Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Dreamland by Alyson Noel

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


I won Dreamland by Alyson Noel in early October but, when it arrived, it just got added to the stack until now. I am trying to clear out some of the older items on my review stack. Dreamland is the third book in Noel's middle grade Riley Bloom paranormal series. I enjoyed the first two and know that they have a devoted audience in my middle school


Teaser:
I stood there, palms pressed to my face, my entire body shaking as I choked back the tears. Stealing a moment to give myself a very stern talking-to, reminding myself that fear was for sissies, panic led to no good, and crying was an indulgence I could not afford.

4 comments:

  1. I've never read any of Alyson Noel's books but I like this teaser. I didn't realize she'd written an MG series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting teaser! Saw these books around, but didn't know they were MG either!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, do I ever love the cover!! I think this series would appeal to my nieces. Thanks for always helping me pick out their presents!!

    My teaser is from The Many Adventures of Pengey Penguin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, she's right. Panic, crying and the other one don't help a situation.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!