Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Drink Slay Love by Sarah Beth Durst

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I pulled one off the review stack for this week's Teaser Tuesday. It has been sitting there since Sept. 19. The start of school and other books with deadlines kept me from choosing it until now. Now, I finally have a chance to read Drink Slay Love by Sarah Beth Durst.

Here is the product description:
Pearl is a sixteen-year-old vampire . . . fond of blood, allergic to sunlight, and mostly evil . . . until the night a sparkly unicorn stabs her through the heart with his horn. Oops.

Her family thinks she was attacked by a vampire hunter (because, obviously, unicorns don’t exist), and they’re shocked she survived. They’re even more shocked when Pearl discovers she can now withstand the sun. But they quickly find a way to make use of her new talent. The Vampire King of New England has chosen Pearl’s family to host his feast. If Pearl enrolls in high school, she can make lots of human friends and lure them to the King’s feast—as the entrees.

The only problem? Pearl’s starting to feel the twinges of a conscience. How can she serve up her new friends—especially the cute guy who makes her fangs ache—to be slaughtered? Then again, she’s definitely dead if she lets down her family. What’s a sunlight-loving vamp to do?
Teaser:
A girl in a baggy sweater and a redhead danced on a railing. A scene or two later, they were crawling through ceiling ducts. "This can't be an accurate portrayal of the human education system." 

6 comments:

  1. This one is waiting for me, but my exchange student is reading it now. She was rather amused by it, especially the sparkly unicorn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh heh! That sounds like an interesting read!


    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great read. Thanks for the teaser, and stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Odd teaser, but enough to capture my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVED this book! It was so different from the other vampire books I've read. I hope you enjoy it as well! Shari
    http://myneuroticbookaffair.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesday-192012-angelinas-secret.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, love the teaser!

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday. Happy Reading! Jen @ A Reader's Journey

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!