Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
This week I chose Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan from my review stack. I have both the print and the audiobook of this one. Here is the description:
If a violent battle destroyed the only world you’ve ever known, would you be brave enough to save who was left? Would love be strong enough to survive the fight? Either way, there’s no turning back.

The Empyrean is the only home 15-year-old Waverly has ever known. Part of the first generation to be successfully conceived in deep space, she and her boyfriend Kieran will be pioneers of New Earth. Waverly knows she must marry young in order to have children who can carry on the mission, and Kieran, the handsome captain-to-be, has everything Waverly could want in a husband. Everyone is sure he’s the best choice. Still, there’s a part of Waverly that wants more from life than marriage, and she is secretly intrigued by the shy, darkly brilliant Seth.

Suddenly, Waverly’s dreams are interrupted by the inconceivable – a violent betrayal by the Empyrean's sister ship, the New Horizon. The New Horizon’s leaders are desperate to populate the new planet first, and will do anything to get what they need: young girls. In one pivotal moment, Waverly and Kieran are separated, and find themselves at the helm of dangerous missions, where every move has potentially devastating consequences, and decisions of the heart may lead to disaster.


Pulse-pounding and addictive, GLOW begins the most riveting series since The Hunger Games.

Teaser:
Rage swept through Waverly. She wished she were strong enough to take this woman's throat in her hands and squeeze her to death. But what if what she said was true, that the girls had been rescued rather than kidnapped.

15 comments:

  1. Science Fiction is my first love in books. Glow sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser! It definitely says a lot about this story, which is how incredibly awesome it is. I think I might need a re-read – thank you for sharing! :)

    Here’s mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesdays-everneath-by-brodi.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heard great things about this one and that teaser does sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very intriguing!!! I'm hoping I can get around to Glow during the Read-A-Thon this weekend, it's been staring at me for way too long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent teaser, sounds like an interesting series. My post: Chasing Fire

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very intense, definitely got my attention with this one. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What ifs always make good teasers! This sounds really interesting.

    Here's my teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of conflict in these two sentences! Good choice.
    Here's my teaser: Sandy's Teaser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An interesting teaser.

      http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesday_31.html

      Delete
  9. Great teaser.. very intriguing! New follower.
    Here is mine:

    http://breathoflifebookreviews.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely conflicting emotions... but somehow the wording threw me off. I'd be interested to see if the whole book felt like that. Nice teaser!

    If you'd like, you can check out mine here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great teaser for this book. I've got two teasers this week. You can find them here.
    Tasha @ A Trillian Books xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOh that is a stellar tease!! Brings up lots of questions!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmm, a little bit confusing, but really very interesting.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!