Wednesday, January 25, 2012

WoW: A Wrinkle in Time: 50th Anniversary Commemorative Edition

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. She has a linky widget at her site each week for your post and to make it easy to find posts by other people.

The purpose of the meme is to spotlight books that we are eagerly anticipating. It is fun to take a look at what others are waiting for.

I have noticed that it has expanded my wishlist though. Be warned!

I am waiting for A Wrinkle in Time: 50th Anniversary Commemorative Edition by Madeleine L'Engle. I have read this book many times and find it hard to believe that it was published 50 years ago. It is one of the books that began my love for science fiction and for anything Madeleine L'Engle wrote. 

While I am excited to get a new hardcover copy of this book, I am equally excited for the bonus materials including an introduction by Katherine Paterson, an afterword by Madeleine L’Engle’s granddaughter Charlotte Jones Voiklis that includes photographs and memorabilia, and the author’s Newbery Medal acceptance speech.

This book will be published on Jan. 31 and I already have my copy pre-ordered.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh pretty! I do like special editions of books! I don't always buy them if I have a copy, but if it is one I have to own, then I do buy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't believe it has been 50 years since this was first published, I just love this book!

    Here's my WoW this week. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!