Sunday, February 26, 2012

In My YA Mailbox (Feb. 26, 2012)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.



I added six books to the stack this week. They are all print books and are a mixed bag of titles.
I chose Loss by Jackie Morse Kessler as one of my Amazon Vine picks this month because one of my friends has been raving about this series. She convinced me to check out Hunger from our Media Center which I did. I really liked it and see why she was so enthusiastic. Expect Rage to be in my mailbox next week. We don't have a copy in the Media Center and I want to read it before Loss.

I also got Fever by Lauren DeStefano. While I didn't love Wither, I was still interested enough to find out what happens next.
I got A Beautiful Evil by Kelly Keaton because I did really love Darkness Becomes Her. I can't wait to read this one (though it may have to wait until April). 

I got Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson because I have never read it. My friend and I recently gave a presentation to a Junior English class about banned books and showed a clip from Anderson where she recites a poem she wrote from the letters she has received about the book. It made me curious.
I also ordered a keeper copy of The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins with the movie tie-in cover. I have read this book but donated the copy to my Media Center. Now I want one to keep.

I also won a copy of Tempest by Julie Cross. I was somewhat surprised to win an ARC because I thought I was going to win a finished copy. I have heard good things about this book and am eager to read it too.


That was my collection for this week. What did you get?

12 comments:

  1. Nice! Still waiting for my copy of a Beautiful Evil! Hopefully this week! Can't wait to read it!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Speak was fantastic. I am not planning to read Fever but I look forward to your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got Fever and a Beautiful Evil this week too. I kinda like the movie tie-in cover for The Hunger Games. Happy reading!

    I hope you'll drop by and check out my IMM for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice IMM, I still have to read Rage, but I really liked Hunger.

    Happy Reading!
    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice selection of books you acquired this week. I'm going to have to check out Loss.

    MY IMM http://pnrurbanfantasyreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul of books! I kept my Hunger Games books because I loved them, maybe I should reread them soon. :) A Beautiful Evil looks fascinating, I'll be putting that on my wish list.

    Enjoy your haul!

    NEW to your blog!

    Stephanie
    My IMM|Enter my Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to jump into A Beautiful Evil. I hope it's as good as its predecessor. Enjoy your haul this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to display that poem about Speak next to the book on the shelf. Can't wait it read Fever! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic mailbox this week... I love seeing The Hunger Games in people's IMM's because it keeps me on my toes about the movie... Eek!

    Here is my IMM

    Happy Reading!
    Lindsay @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome IMM. :) Hope you enjoy all of these books, the cover for Loss is awesome. New Follower.

    Here is mine: IMM (14)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice IMM. I rcvd Tempest too. It sounds like a really good read. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read Speak back in Middle School and It was really good. I watched the movie too and it was really great. I hope you enjoy everything you got this week. Here's my IMM!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/02/in-my-mailbox-22.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!