Saturday, February 4, 2012

In My YA Mailbox (Feb. 5, 2012)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.


So, this week I added nine books to the massive stack that is TBR mountain. Here is what I got.


For Review:
Friends with Boys by Faith Erin Hicks was an Amazon Vine choice. This one is a graphic novel coming of age story. Tagline for the book: A coming-of-age tale with a spooky twist!

Until Next Time by Amy Lignor was received from Tribute Books. I will be part of this book's tour and will be posting my review on April 12. Tagline for the book: How does a girl choose between the one who steals her heart and the one who owns her soul?

Kindle Books (either cheap or free):
Cloaked with Bonus Materials by Alex Flinn was an inexpensive ebook available this week. I have been meaning to read something by the author and this seemed like a good chance to have something easily available when I finally find the time. Tagline for the book: Happily ever after gets turned upside down...

Heavenly by Jennifer Laurens has been on my radar for a while but I hadn't acquired a copy. This week it was free and I couldn't pass up the chance to get this one. Tagline for the book: I met someone who changed everything.
Gifts of the Blood by Vicki Keire and Darkness in the Blood by Vicki Keire - sequel to Gifts of the Blood - were both free for a limited time in the Kindle store. I haven't heard of either of these but the premise makes these sound like the sort of book I like to read. Tagline for the books: Before her world tilts towards impossible, Caspia Chastain thinks the only strange thing about her is that she sometimes draws the future. 

Print Books:
I completed my collection of the YA Edgar nominees by getting these two.

Shelter by Harlan Coben - This a a young adult mystery by a man known for his adult mysteries. I haven't read them and am using his YA as a possible "gateway drug." Tagline for the book: Mickey Bolitar’s year can’t get much worse.

The Girl Is Murder by Kathryn Miller Haines - I hadn't heard anything about this book before it was nominated for the Edgar. This takes place during World War II. Tagline for the book: Iris Anderson is only 15, but she's quickly mastering the art of deception

And, finally, I got:
A Wrinkle in Time: 50th Anniversary Commemorative Edition by Madeleine L'Engle. I loved this story when I was a child and a young adult but haven't read it for years. I look forward to reading it again and reading all the bonus material too.

That was my mailbox. What did you get in yours?


13 comments:

  1. Great mailbox C: I have not read A Wrinkle in Time but I suppose it is time I do so C:

    Shortskie's Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice mailbox! They all look pretty good :) happy reading!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I didn"t know about this ones, but they sound interesting, I hope you'll enjoy them all.

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh nice!! Until Next Time looks kinda creepy with that cover! Haven't heard of these books but hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Harlan Coben but haven't read this YA book yet. I'll be looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Until Next TIme caught my eye. And I absolutely love A Wrinkle in Time. Great haul this week!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great IMM! Until Next Time looks really good!

    Happy reading!

    You can check out my IMM HERE!

    Claire :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh Friends With Boys sounds interesting and you can't go wrong with A Wrinkle in Time. Hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo, cool books. You commented on my IMM, so I thought I'd check out yours and I'm glad I did. Until Next Time and Heavenly definitely sound intriguing. I may have to add them to my list. ;)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wrinkle in Time was the first science fiction book I can remember reading and really loving. I think I read every book in that series! (:

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!