Monday, March 5, 2012

Book Blogger Confessions (March 5, 2012)

Book Blogger Confessions is a new Monday meme started by Tiger at Tiger's All-Consuming Books and Karen at For What It's Worth. The purpose of the meme is best stated by Karen here:
"Tiger and I thought it might be time to start a meme to discuss some of the frustrations that are unique to book bloggers. What happens when the hobby you love becomes more of a chore?
This meme will appear on the first and third Mondays of the month. Tiger or Karen will give us a question to respond to and a linky for sharing our responses and developing community.

This week's question is: Let's talk about a positive aspect of blogging! How has blogging influenced your real life in a positive way? (not related to books or reading) Have you learned to be organized or are you more social now for example?


I don't think that blogging has really changed my life in any positive way outside of books and reading. 


I am still a voracious reader who prefers to spend time reading rather than socializing. It has greatly expanded my pool of acquaintances though. I have met many interesting people through blogging and through following their blogs. It has reassured me that I am not the only bookaholic around. And there is some comfort in the idea that I am not as weird as I thought I was for being so interested in books.


I was always organized. Librarians tend to be that way. Being a blogger has encouraged me to be organized in a new area - books and reading. 


I would like to think that blogging has made me a better writer and communicator. I certainly have had a lot of practice doing both since I became a blogger. Blogging has also improved my touch typing since I spend so much time writing posts and commenting on posts by others. 


What do you think? What changes have you noticed since you became a blogger?

5 comments:

  1. I agree that blogging has helped me to pull my writing skills out of cold storage. After graduating from university I didn't write very much, and after my daughter was born I didn't write at all! I like to think that blogging has helped me to exercise my brain a little each day!

    Here are my thoughts on the topic: http://www.wordsathome.ca/2012/03/book-blogger-confessions.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging has definitely improved my typing skills. I had completed so many typing courses to no avail but blogging has really helped.
    I guess it's the real life application that finally made it click for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that blogging has been a help to your communication skills! It's the same with me, too. I find that I can express my opinions better and more quickly than I could a couple of years ago, and my typing fingers are definitely more in practice. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh great thought with blogging and writing has made you better . Thats definatly a perk of writing reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most of the positives are related to books and reading for me, but outside of that, would agree that it was nice to find my niche and realize that there were other bookaholics out there just like me! Love the community of book bloggers!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!