Saturday, March 24, 2012

Here is My Hold Shelf

Travis at 100 Scope Notes and Mr. Schu at Watch. Connect. Read have challenged librarians to take a picture of their hold shelves and post them for all to see. Travis says the hold shelf is one of the best ways to see what the kids are reading.

Here’s how it works:

Before Tuesday, March 27th, locate the hold shelf in your library.
Take picture. Share it by any of these three methods:

  1. Post to your blog and let Travis know in the comments.
  2. Email the photo to Travis at scopenotes at gmail dot com.
  3. Tweet the photo using the hashtag #holdshelf.

…or you can earn 1,000 bonus points* if you try all three.

*Bonus points hold no cash value or any other kind of value. Sorry about that.

On Tuesday, March 27, Travis will post a picture of his hold shelf, and include any and all submissions in the post.

He'll be hosting this month, and Watch. Connect. Read. will have honors at the end of April.

Let’s see what ya got.

Here is my hold shelf as of March 20 in my K-5 media center. Only 3rd through 5th graders know how to reserve a book but 1st and 2nd graders have been asking my paraprofessional to reserve the LEGO books and Diary of a Wimpy Kid books for them.

Lemony Snicket is making his way through our four 5th grade classrooms currently which accounts for three of the books on hold.

1 comment:

  1. This is a fun idea - it'll be great to see what other kids are waiting to read.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!