Sunday, March 25, 2012

In My YA Mailbox (March 25, 2012)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.



I gathered a variety of books to add to my TBR mountain this week. Here are the ones I got for review:
I got Deadly Pink by Vivian Vande Velde from the Amazon Vine program. This book will be published in July and sounds like an interesting science fiction title.

The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa is the beginning of a new series. I have been seeing it around the blogs and been really jealous. When I saw that it was available on NetGalley, I had to ask for it even though I have a finished copy pre-ordered and will probably not get this one read until almost when I get my print copy.

I also got The Dragon in the Sea (Dragon Keepers #5) by Kate Klimo from NetGalley. I haven't read the rest but am always interested in good fantasy for middle graders and I recently read something by the author that I liked.

I added a few more to my Kindle this week too.
I just read Obsidian (A Lux Novel) by Jennifer Armentrout and also have Half-Blood by her on my Kindle already. I decided that I needed the sequels to both of those books. I like her writing style. So I got Shadows and Pure. Now all I need to do is find the time to read them.
I couldn't pass up these $.99 young adult bargains this week either. I have a print copy of The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney somewhere around here but it will be more convenient having a copy on my Kindle.

I also couldn't pass up The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place by Maryrose Wood. I have been intrigued by this book since I first heard about it but haven't had a chance to read it yet. 

This is my haul. What landed in your mailbox this week?

16 comments:

  1. Yeah, I didn't see Immortal Rules til last night in other people's IMMs!! So glad I'm on auto approval with Harelquin!!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got Immortal Rules this week too and look forward to reading it. You got a good deal on Iron Witch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got like three books that are on my wishlist lol
    Happy Reading!
    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog. You have a lot of great books to review. I am currently reading The Immortal Rules!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Mysterious Howling is fan-freaking-tastic! I love that series! I can't wait to read the third one that's coming out soon.

    The audiobook is amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Iron Witch looks SO good!! I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great set! I want to read Iron Witch. Can't wait to start Immortal Rules.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the 3rd time I've come across Immortal Rules this morning. Guess I'm going to have to add it to my TBR. Off to check it out!

    Here's My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the 3rd time I've come across Immortal Rules this morning and up until now I hadn't heard of it. Guess I'm going to go check it out and add it to my TBR!

    Here's My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry for the double post....I got an error message the first time...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm intrigued by The Incorrigible Children book. I've seen a few people talking about it, so I may have to add it to my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice mailbox! Love Julie Kagawa too, and looking forward to her new series. And I may have to pick up a copy of Pure just for the cover, as it's gorgeous! Happy reading!

    Here's my IMM.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, I can't wait to read Deadly Pink! I hope you like it, and I can't wait to hear your thoughts! I got The Immortal Rules from Netgalley, too...so excited for it! I love Julie Kagawa's writing so much! :D

    I hope you enjoy all of the fabulous books you received this week! :D

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my IMM! :D
    Happy Reading!
    Ambur :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there, just popping in... Nice!

    I'm really looking forward to reading Pure. Enjoy your reading!

    I'm also your newest follower!

    Here is my blog to check out:
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  15. I keep hearing so many great things about Armentrout and I think it's time for me to check her books out.. If only I had some more money this month. Argh. Four birthdays and Eastern in April! >_< XD

    Happy Reading!

    Patricia // My IMM

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!