Sunday, March 4, 2012

In My YA Mailbox (March 4, 2012)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.



This was a crazy book buying week. The total number of books that arrived at my house was 32. Lots of books I wanted were published this week. Lots of blogs I read convinced me that I just had to buy a book. And browsing the web to answer students' questions led to me buying a few more.


Here are the fifteen young adult books I bought this week in order from the most recent arrivals to the oldest.
Friday I received The Girl Who Was On Fire edited by Leah Wilson and The Hunger Games Official Illustrated Movie Companion by Kate Egan. I also got a set of six Hunger Games pins this week. 

When answering a student's question about the 39 Clues series, I discovered that there was an ebook exclusive set of seven stories the were also about the 39 Clues world. My friend and I decided to split the cost of this series and share them. Each of the stories was $.99. The first is The 39 Clues Rapid Fire #1: Legacy by Riley Clifford.
Earlier in the week I got Magic Under Stone by Jaclyn Dolamore, Silver (ARC) by Rhiannon Held from Amazon Vine for review, and Partials by Dan Wells.
At the beginning of the week I got Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver, I also got the short story Hana by Lauren Oliver for my Kindle, and I got my own copy of Rage by Jackie Morse Kessler. 

That was my haul this week. What landed in your mailbox?

9 comments:

  1. OOOh nice! Haven't read any of these. Hope you enjoy em all!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)[

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great selection this week! I'm excited to see what you think of Silver and Hana, which reminds me I need to get a copy of that. :-) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great set! i want to read Rage. Love the Hunger Games stuff.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many great books!! The Hunger Games ones look cool, but you'll love Pandemonium!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for Pandemonium!!!!! How awesomem is that?! Plus you got a ton of 39 clues. fun! Enjoy!!!

    Here's Mine: http://www.burgandyice.blogspot.com/2012/03/in-my-sunday-mailbox.html

    I'm a NEW GFC follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books! I love the covers for Silver and Rage (:

    Happy reading!

    Celine ~ Nyx Book Reviews
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - that's a lot of book loot! I'm going to have to investigate those 39 Clues books. The covers seem to suggest that they're aimed at a slightly older audience... ? I'm pages away from the end of Delirium and can't wait to start Hana and Pandemonium!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice looking haul! I will have to look some of these boos up, they sound good!

    Thanks for sharing!
    http://paulettespapers.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got Hana this week too and I need to get Pandemonium sometime. I was lucky enough to read an ARC of that one as part of a tour last year. Now it is an even longer wait for the final book.

    I want to read Partials. It sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!