Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter has made its way to the top of my TBR stack. It will be published by Harlequin Teen on March 27. I got my eARC from NetGalley. I requested this one because it is the sequel to The Goddess Test which I read and enjoyed last year. I look forward to finding out what comes next.

Here is the description:
Kate Winters has won immortality. But if she wants a life with Henry in the Underworld, she'll have to fight for it.

Becoming immortal wasn't supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she's as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he's becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate's coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans.

As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future.

Henry's first wife, Persephone.
Teaser:
She sighed dramatically and gave me a pat on the knee. "Telling you would be a terrible invasion of James's privacy, and I do have to put up with him for the foreseeable future."

10 comments:

  1. I'm SO looking forward to this one!! Thanks for the preview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover on this one. Since I have not read the first one don't think it will be added to my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard so many good things about this series. good teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser. I just received the ARC yesterday. Can't wait to dig into it. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting teaser! I don't read much YA but this series sounds intriguing!

    Here's my TT: http://tinyurl.com/78cjjqn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser! I recently won The Goddess Test but I still have to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still need to read the Goddess Test. It look like such a good series. Can't wait to finally read them both. =] Thanks for sharing and visiting my teaser. =]
    -Michael
    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great teaser. I am going to be starting that probably next week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to start that one soon - great teaser!

    My TT for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Niiiice!! I am like 99% positive that I remember this part!!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!