Wednesday, March 28, 2012

WoW: Renegade Magic by Stephanie Burgess

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. She has a linky widget at her site each week for your post and to make it easy to find posts by other people.

The purpose of the meme is to spotlight books that we are eagerly anticipating. It is fun to take a look at what others are waiting for.

I have noticed that it has expanded my wishlist though. Be warned!

I am waiting for Renegade Magic by Stephanie Burgess. This is the second book in the series that began with Kat, Incorrigible. Here is the description:
The feisty Kat Stephenson is back in the second installment of the Regency era magical trilogy Kirkus Reviews calls “enjoyable mayhem.”

Nowhere in England is safe from the mischief and magic of Kat Stephenson: Her eldest sister has finally wed, but when a scandalous accusation threatens the marriage prospects of Kat’s second sister, Angeline, Stepmama swiftly whisks the family away to Bath in an attempt to outrun the gossip and betroth Angeline to a respectable suitor. Meanwhile, Kat’s utter lack of ladylike propriety has prompted the powerful Lord Ravenscroft to expel her from the magical Order of Guardians—before her training has even begun! Anger and exile aside, Kat knows something is not quite right about Lord Ravenscroft. Her insatiable curiosity and fierce loyalty to her family will have readers rooting for her all the way as Kat attempts to reunite Angeline with her true love and prove that she has what it truly takes to be a Guardian.
I really liked the first book and can't wait to read this middle grade fantasy when it becomes available on April 3. My copy is already pre-ordered. 

5 comments:

  1. It's really good! I guarantee you'll enjoy it when it comes out!
    And if you stop by my blog in a couple of day I'll have a review and author interview posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cover - and the summary makes it sound super intriguing.

    Tanya
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, this looks so pretty and cute! I hope it'll be translated. I think my sister might enjoy it, and she doesn't speak English yet. Well, not properly, that is. (Then again, she just learned how to read and write, and she isn't in school yet.. ._. Why does she love MG stories so much? XD)

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't heard of that one! Cover looks cute!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, such a cute cover! sounds lovely.
    Thanks for stopping by my WOW. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!