Friday, April 6, 2012

Book Beginning & Friday 56: You Can't Have My Planet, But Take My Brother, Please

Happy Friday everybody!!


Book Beginnings

Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. 
Anyone can participate; just share the opening sentence of your current read, making sure that you include the title and author so others know what you're reading. 
If you like, share with everyone why you do, or do not, like the sentence.

The Friday 56
Rules:
  • Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
  • Turn to page 56.
  • Find the fifth sentence.
  • Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of Freda's Voice
  • Post a link along with your post back to Freda's Voice
Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.


Today I am reading You Can't Have My Planet, But Take My Brother, Please by James Mihaley. This is a middle grade science fiction story that will be published on April 10. It is also the author's debut novel. I got my copy quite a while ago from Ksenia at Macmillan.


Beginning:
Hi, my name is Giles. I'm miserable.
Friday 56:
Yes, Grandpa.
I have just begun this one but I already like the put-upon voice of the thirteen-year-old narrator as he relates the absurd happenings when he discovers that aliens are offering to sell Earth.

5 comments:

  1. Luv the title and the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like real fun. I hope I run into it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cover! Looks like a book my granddaughter would enjoy!
    Here's My F56

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aliens offering to sell the earth -- at least it isn't following the same old formula! :)

    Thanks for participating in Book Beginnings!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!