Sunday, April 15, 2012

In My YA Mailbox (April 15, 2012)


The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.



The mailbox is small this week. Only three books got added to my TBR mountain and two of them were ebooks too.
I was searching for Kelley Armstrong at Amazon and noticed Hunting Kat in the Kindle Store. Here is what it is about:
A riveting stand-alone short story from bestselling author Kelley Armstrong.

Kat is a sixteen-year-old vampire, and she's not too happy about it. After an experiment-gone-wrong and a bullet to the heart, she now hungers for human blood, and the worst part about that is the guilt. But guilt isn't the only thing stressing her. Kat is being hunted by the Edison Group, a dangerous Cabal that is responsible for her undead state. Kat is running out of places to hide, and she has no one to turn to—until she meets Chad and Neil. They're on the run like she is, and they offer to help Kat against their common enemy. But the boys aren't all that they seem, and for Kat, deciding whether to trust them may be a matter of life or death.

Set in the world of Kelley Armstrong's New York Times bestselling Darkest Powers and Darkness Rising series, "Hunting Kat" will leave you on the edge of your seat and thirsting for more.
I also finally got The Calling by Kelley Armstrong. I feel like I have been waiting for this one since I reached the last page of The Gathering. Oh, wait! I have!

And, finally, I bought a copy of White Cat by Holly Black for my Kindle when it was on sale this week. I had a print copy but donated it to my high school media center unread during one of my "you have way too many unread YA books around here" purges.

That is what I got this week. What did you get?


11 comments:

  1. Wooow The Calling!! So so good!! I hope you'll like it! Enjoy all your amazing books this week ;) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had White Cat on my pile for a while now, but I still haven't gotten to it. I need more time in the day to read everything!! Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. White Cat! I love it, it's so, so good. I hope you read it and enjoy it

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely looking forward to The Calling! Thanks for stopping by my mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been hearing alot about the last book in the Curse Workers series by Holly Black, so I need to get a copy of White Cat soon and read it! It looks really good. =)

    Enjoy all your books!

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome selection of books this week!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    My IMM for this week - http://paulettespapers.com/?p=1934

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great set! I loved White Cat. I can't wait to read Black Heart.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard a lot about The Calling! I hope you enjoy it and the other books that you got :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Curseworkers series is one of my favorites. Hope you enjoy The White Cat!

    Jessica @ Simply Infatuated
    http://simplyinfatuated.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still haven't read the Gathering yet but the ending to the Darkest Power series was a little disappointing, maybe this new series will tie in some loose ends. I also really want to try The Curseworkers series it sounds really interesting! Happy reading! :)

    Maria @ Fantasy's Ink

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!