Sunday, April 22, 2012

In My YA Mailbox (April 22, 2012)






The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.


I took advantage of a promotion on April 19 by a group of authors to add some new YA books to my Kindle for free. I also received one print book this week.
Ashlyn's Radio by Wilson Doherty was one of the free Kindle books. This one sounds like a spooky mystery.

Charlie Woodchuck is a Minor Niner by Dalya Moon is a middle grade mystery.
Face-Off by Stacy Juba is a hockey story about rival brothers.

Dark Before Dawn by Stacy Juba is a paranormal thriller.
Practice Cake by Dalya Moon is a contemporary romantic comedy. 

Away from Whipplethorn by A. W. Hartoin is a middle grade fairy story. 
Savage Cinderella by PJ Sharon is the last free book I got. Here is part of the description:
Eighteen year-old Brinn Hathaway has survived alone in an abandoned cabin in the High Country of North Georgia since she was a child. If her life is lonely and less than complete, at least she is safe from the man who kidnapped her, held her captive, and left her for dead in a shallow grave in the mountains. She believes that her parents are dead, the police are her enemy, and that if she returns to the world, her tormentor will find her. With the help of some unlikely friends, she has what she needs to survive, but is surviving enough?
All of the above books are self-published titles that I had added to my "maybe I'll get a chance to read these someday" list.

The last book I got was The Last Princess by Galaxy Craze. This one is a dystopia that takes place in England and is centered around a young princess who is the only survivor after a revolutionary who makes the royal family his first target.

That is what I added to my TBR stack. What did you get this week?

8 comments:

  1. Those are new to me as well! Hope you enjoy em all!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read The Last Princess badly! I hope you enjoy all your new books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you've got some reading to do. I missed out on the Kindle freebies...I forgot to go pick them up! :(
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a full Mailbox! Have fun reading them all!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    My IMM - http://paulettespapers.com/?p=1975

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice mailbox! I love the sound of Savage Cinderella, and will keep an eye out for your review. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saving Cinderella has interesting cover.
    Happy reading!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Last Princess has an AMAZING cover and I really can't wait to get my hands on that book!

    Happy Reading!

    My IMM :

    http://foreverlostinbooks.blogspot.ca/2012/04/in-my-mailbox-or-on-my-shelf-the-one.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!