Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Should I Read?: Sequels


Waiting on Wednesday is a great meme by Jill at Breaking the Spine. I usually participate each week but I have a problem. I already have tons of books waiting for me on my TBR mountain and I really don't need to add any new ones to the stack. What I thought that I would start to do on Wednesdays is spotlight something on my stack and look for encouragement from my blogging friends. Help me decided whether or not I should actually move the book(s) to my currently reading list.

This week I have some sequels that have arrived for books that I read and reviewed earlier. Which one would you move to the top of the list?
Seizure by Kathy Reichs is the sequel to Virals. I liked the first one and like Kathy Reichs' writing style. I liked the combination of mystery and science fiction in the first story. I also liked that it was a good middle grade book. Should it move up to the top of my stack?

Crossed
 by Ally Condie was one that I eagerly pre-ordered. I liked Matched and the cliffhanger ending should have made me eager to read this one but somehow it just got added to the pile. Should this one move to the top of the pile?

A Million Suns by Beth Revis is the sequel to Across the Universe. This one is also science fiction. I thought the first one was pretty good but had a little problem with the worldbuilding. Should this one move up?

What are your opinions about these books? Should I add them to my "read really soon" stack or donate them to my High School Media Center so my students can enjoy them?


4 comments:

  1. Heheh. I understand completely about the out of control TBR. I haven't read any of these series, so I'm afraid I'm not help, but Matched is on my list, so I'm voting Crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking only for myself, I was very disappointed in Crossed. Sadly, I have the other two on TOM, my tbr pile, along with Delirium and Divergent, so I completely sympathize with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crossed is on my TBR pile.I enjoyed Matched. I'm hearing mixed reviews about Crossed. Loved Virals and Seizures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only read Crossed. I enjoyed it, but not as much as Matched. I thought it was a little boring and didn't add a lot. It's a middle book in a trilogy if that makes sense. It was good; it's just not as good as Matched.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!