Here is my Review Books Spreadsheet. Yellow highlighted books are ones past their publication date that I still haven't read and reviewed. I use pink highlights for reviews due in even numbered months so that I can see at a glance how many I have for each month. Ideally, this keeps me from over-committing to review books.
Here is the physical review stack in order of publication date:
The stack has been reduced to only 12 books stretching out until an October 11 publication date. I am, however, waiting for three books with May publication books to arrive.
I read sixteen books from my review stack this month. Links go to my review if the review has already been posted. Otherwise the link goes to Amazon.
- You Can't Have My Planet, But Take My Brother, Please by James Mihaly
- The China Gambit by Allan Topol
- Until Next Time by Amy Lignor
- The Fireman Who Loved Me by Jennifer Bernard
- Griffin's Fire by Darby Karchut
- Rebel Fire by Andrew Lane
- The Prophet by Amanda Stevens
- The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
- Crystal Gardens by Amanda Quick
- Breaking Beautiful by Jennifer Shaw Wolf
- A Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy
- The Department of Magic by Rod Kierkegaard Jr. (review posts May 3)
- Struck by Jennifer Bosworth (review posts May 3)
- Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink by Stephanie Kate Strohm (review posts May 10)
- The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda (review posts May 5)
- Pack of Lies by Sara Dailey and Staci Weber (review posts May 2)
Of course, I couldn't have a month when I didn't add to the stack. I got 8 more books for review (links go to Amazon).
- Keeping Safe the Stars by Sheila O'Connor (got from author at Spotlight on Books Conference; Oct. 11)
- A Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy (Amazon Vine; May 1)
- Can't Buy Me Love by Molly O'Keefe (Amazon Vine; June 26)
- The Department of Magic by Rod Kierkegaard Jr. (NetGalley; Dec. 12, 2011)
- Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink by Stephanie Kate Strohm (Amazon Vine; May 8)
- Spark: a Sky Chasers Novel by Amy Kathleen Ryan (Amazon Vine; July 17)
- A Confusion of Princes by Garth Nix (Amazon Vine; May 15)
- Pack of Lies (Red Ridge Pack) by Sara Dailey and Staci Weber (email request; April 6)
Somehow May really got away from me. So far I have accepted 13 books for review that have May publication dates and May hasn't even begun. Luckily, I was able to get a head start on them and have already read four. I have also read one of the books that I thought I would be reading in June because I had a gap while waiting for one of the May books to arrive from Amazon Vine. All but one of my May review books are young adult.
I am currently reading A Confusion of Princes by Garth Nix which will be released on May 15 and which was the Amazon Vine book I was waiting for.
How are you doing with your review stack?