Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Breaking Beautiful by Jennifer Shaw Wolf



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Breaking Beautiful by Jennifer Shaw Wolf has made it to the way of my review stack - the virtual one. I got this eARC from Walker Children's Books via NetGalley. This book will be out on April 24.


I don't read very many young adult contemporaries but this description drew me in:
Allie lost everything the night her boyfriend, Trip, died in a horrible car accident—including her memory of the event. As their small town mourns his death, Allie is afraid to remember because doing so means delving into what she’s kept hidden for so long: the horrible reality of their abusive relationship.

When the police reopen the investigation, it casts suspicion on Allie and her best friend, Blake, especially as their budding romance raises eyebrows around town. Allie knows she must tell the truth. Can she reach deep enough to remember that night so she can finally break free? Debut writer Jennifer Shaw Wolf takes readers on an emotional ride through the murky waters of love, shame, and, ultimately, forgiveness.
Teaser:
The truth is, I'd be happy to never leave this room. No, happy isn't the right word, maybe comfortable. Except comfortable doesn't fit my self-imposed prison wither. The only word that fits is terrified. Terrified to leave this room and face...

17 comments:

  1. I've seen this one around and it really sounds interesting. It's on my TBR.
    My Teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser! I loved this book from the very first moment on, when I read the blurb. And the teaser... oh well, if I had a choice I wouldn't leave my room/house much either. But I can only guess that the reason for her staying-in-the-safe-zone is probably way more tragic than my lack of interest in social interactions.

    Aleksandra and her Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great blurb! Willow (our YA reviewer) will maybe like to read this...heck, maybe I'll like to read this. Great teaser, too. I think this a great topic as well for awareness of abuse in younger relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good teaser. I've seen this book and have been curious about reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent tease! Face what? The opinions , judgments, and whispers of the community?

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww that's a mean cliffhanger but sounds interesting. wondering why she's so scared.

    Thanks for stopping by my TT!


    My TT

    Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like an excellent teaser! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent teaser! I've been wanting to read this book for months and I'm so glad it is finally out. I'll be getting my copy soon :)

    Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting teaser. Thanks for sharing.

    http://cmbrown-books.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  10. and face WHAT?? gah! that is a horrible teaser. *pouts*

    great pick. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great teaser! Way to leave us hanging :) Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great teaser, I can't wait to read this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting book and teaser. Maybe I should try reading this one too. Thank you for visiting my blog ^^

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well I think that it is one of the most famous books in the world. In this book a great topic as well for awareness of abuse in younger relationships. I impressed by that.

    no slip tape

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!