Friday, May 25, 2012

Book Beginning & Friday 56: Angel Eyes by Shannon Dittemore


Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week.


Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.


I am currently reading Angel Eyes by Shannon Dittemore. I got this eARC from Thomas Nelson via NetGalley. It will be released on May 29.

Here is the description:
Once you've seen, you can't unsee. Everything changes when you've looked at the world through . . .  Angel Eyes

Brielle's a ballerina who went to the city to chase her dreams and found tragedy instead. She's come home to shabby little Stratus, Oregon, to live with her grief and her guilt . . . and the incredible, numbing cold she can't seem to shake.

Jake's the new guy at school. The boy next door with burning hands and an unbelievable gift that targets him for corruption.

Something more than fate has brought them together. An evil bigger than both of them lurks in the shadows nearby, hiding in plain sight. Two angels stand guard, unsure what's going to happen. And a beauty brighter than either Brielle or Jake has ever seen is calling them to join the battle in a realm where all human choices start.

A realm that only angels and demons-and Brielle-can perceive.
Beginning (from the Prologue):
The boy trembles. Fear wraps him tight, rattling his callow frame.
Beginning (Chapter 1):
The knot in my throat is a constant. An aching thing. Shallow breaths whisper around it, sting my chapped lips, and leave white smoke monsters in the air.
Friday 56:
When I reach his desk, I lean my hip against it, trying to appear nonchalant. His bifocals sit on the brim of his nose. "You doing okay?" he asks, peering over them. 

4 comments:

  1. I have this one to be read soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i try not to peer over my reading glasses but do when i'm reading and someone approaches. i just cant see out of them with looking away from the printed words.
    http://sidnereading.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting start. Sound like a lot of secrets that have to be dealt with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for including your post on Book Beginnings!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!