Sunday, May 20, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (May 20, 2012)



Tynga of Tynga's Reviews is starting a new meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. She explains at her site. She also does a very nice vlog each week showing her books (and hopefully her new baby).


I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will also discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.



On Tuesday this week a lovely red box was sitting by my mailbox at work. I was recently asked to talk about the new Scholastic Mother Daughter Book Club and offered a chance to see the first month's books. Not only were they in the box but the second month's books were there too along with a nice red Scholastic book bag.

From the May batch, I got Glory Be by Augusta Scattergood and Pie by Sarah Weeks. I am especially excited about Pie because I heard Sarah Weeks speak before this book was released and she really made me eager to read it. Is is fair to say that she whet my appetite?
I also got Tomorrow Girls: Behind the Gates by Eva Gray (which I had previously read) and The Boy on Cinnamon Street by Phoebe Stone.
I also got Whatever After: Fairest of All by Sarah Mlynowski and The False Prince by Jennifer Nelson (which is already sitting on my TBR mountain). These last two are the books for June. 

You can find out more about the Mother Daughter Book Club by clicking this link. Stop back at this blog on Wednesday and fill out the entry form to win a set of the first four book club books and a learn about a chance to Skype with Augusta Scattergood or Sarah Mlynowski.

The only other book I got this week was a free esampler the Kristin Cashore for my Kindle. It gives a brief refresher to Graceling, Fire, and Bitterblue and some letters that add details to the characters' relationships. I read Graceling and Fire a while ago and wanted to be refreshed before I began Bitterblue.


That was my week. What did you get?

17 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read the False Prince!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should pick up the Graceling sampler. I have Bitterblue but haven't read it yet and it has been years since I read Graceling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever After sounds absolutely delightful. I love fairy tale retellings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoy Bitterblue as much as I did!
    Thanks for joining STS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great set! Lost Prince was incredibly good. I've heard Pie was really cute.
    My Bookish Recap

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover of the Boy on Cinnamon Street looks amazing! Thanks for stopping by earlier today. Following you!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of any of these books, but I hope you enjoy them. Happy Reading!!

    Thanks for stopping by my Stack

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOoh nice! Haven't heard of these either, but I hope you enjoy them all! Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the Boy on Cinnamon Street sounds cute. I've been wanting to read it for a while.

    Thanks for stopping by my STS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Boy on Cinnamon Street looks so cute! I'm really curious about the False Prince! Thanks for stopping by My Stack!

    ReplyDelete
  11. False Prince looks really good, and so does Tomorrow Girls! I hope you enjoy all your new books, and thanks for stopping by my STS! I also really need to start the Graceling series!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for dropping by our blog! I like the look and sound of The Boy on Cinnamon Street :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Boy on Cinnamon Street looks beyond adorable! I'll have to chck it out! <3

    Patricia // My Haul/Week

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I have Fire burned into my memory. I love that book so much! So epic fantasy style. Great haul!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great books Kathy! I've heard a lot of great things about the False Prince. I hope you'll enjoy them (:

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't heard of the Scholastic Mother-Daughter Book Club. I wonder if that is only in the US, or also in Canada? I'll have to look into it.

    Some of these books sound like something my kids would enjoy, so I'm adding to my TBR list :)

    Thanks for stopping by and leaving the link to your STS!

    http://darlenesbooknook.blogspot.ca/2012/05/stacking-shelves-may-20-2012.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!