Sunday, May 27, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (May 27, 2012)



Tynga of Tynga's Reviews is starting a new meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. She explains at her site. She also does a very nice vlog each week showing her books (and hopefully her new baby).


Another option is Mailbox Monday which was originally started by Marcia at A Girl and Her Books. She hosted it for a long time but in April 2010 she decided to make it a traveling meme. You can see all the details here. You will also find a list of the 2012 hosts. 


Martha from Reviews by Martha's Bookshelf will be hosting in May.

I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will also discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.


This week I added mostly review books to my stack. I got these from Amazon Vine.
Glitch by Heather Anastasiu will be released on August 7. It is a science fiction dytopia. The blurb reminded me a little bit of Delirium by Lauren Oliver.

I also got Team Human by Justine Larbalestier and Sarah Rees Brennan. This one is a vampire story. I haven't yet read anything by either of these authors but do have something else by Sarah Rees Brennan on my review stack. The release date for this one is July 3.


I got these review books too:
I got A Long Way from You by Gwendolyn Heasley from Kate at Little Bird Publicity. This book is a contemporary from Harper Teen and will be released on June 5.

Finally, I got The Goddess Legacy by Aimee Carter from NetGalley. I have read the rest of the series and wanted to read this collection of novellas too. This one will be released on July 31.

I also bought one book this week:
Taken by Storm by Jennifer Lynn Barnes is the next book in her Raised by Wolves series. You all know that I am unable to resist werewolf books. I did like the other books in this series and hope to get to this one soon.

Those are the ones I added to my stack this week. What did you add to yours?

10 comments:

  1. OOh nice!! I have The Goddess Legacy to read as well, but it might be awhile since I have other review books with earlier release dates!

    Seeing Team Human a lot. I almost got that one but then changed my mind. Wasn't sure about it, though it looks interesting! Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy Glicth as much as I did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glitch looks really good! And I really should read The Goddess Test...it's been on my shelf for forever...and I keep seeing the rest of the series out there!

    Thanks for stopping by My "Added to the Bookshelf" Post.

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Raised By Wolves and Trial By Fire. I need to pick up Taken By Storm soon. Team Human looks interesting. I saw that on the Vine newsletter this month. I have read Sarah Rees Brennan's books and I have one of her other new ones for review. I'll have to check out A Long Way From You. I haven't seen that before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great set! Team Human sounds cool.. Mostly because I love vampires.
    My Bookish Recap

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to read Team Human. Only a little over a month for me to wait!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and letting me know about the free SYNC audiobooks this summer. I'm a huge audiobook fan and did not know about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is always fun to see the YA books you pick. I am adding a few YA to my reviews. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great stack this week. Hope you enjoy all of them, and thanks for stepping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A nice haul! I can't wait to read Glitch and Team Human..

    Thank-you for stopping by my blog :)

    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice stack of books! Team Human sounds interesting, and I love the title! And so excited that theres another goddess book, as I really like that series. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!