This is my monthly State of the Stack post. It is my way to keep track of my review books and to hopefully reduce the stack that I have waiting for me. I take a look at my review commitments on the last Monday of each month. Please feel free to join in and let me know the state of your stack.
Here is my Review Books Spreadsheet. Yellow highlighted books are ones past their publication date that I still haven't read and reviewed. I use pink highlights for reviews due in even numbered months so that I can see at a glance how many I have for each month. Ideally, this keeps me from over-committing to review books.
My Physical Review Pile
My stack has grown to 20 books this month with dates stretching out into October. They are stacked in order of publication date with the pile on the left being older books past their publication date. Click on the picture to enlarge it and view the titles.
Here are the Kindle review copies I have in the order that they were added to my LibraryThing account from most recent to oldest.
I Read This Month
I read twelve books from my review stack this month. Links go to my review if the review has already been posted. Otherwise the link goes to Amazon.
- A Confusion of Princes by Garth Nix
- Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock
- Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
- The Dragon in the Sea by Kate Klimo
- Rush for the Gold by John Feinstein
- Bridge of Time by Lewis Buzbee
- The Girl in the Clockwork Collar by Kady Cross
- Angel Eyes by Shannon Dittemore
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo (Look for my review May 31)
- Dead Reckoning by Mercedes Lackey and Rosemary Edghill (Look for my review on June 2)
- Big Sky Country by Linda Lael Miller (Look for my review June 6)
- Silver by Rhiannon Held (Look for my review June 2)
I Added These Books
These are listed by the source of my copy. Links go to Amazon.
- Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock (Amazon Vine; May 8)
- Icon by J. Carson Black (Amazon Vine; June 12)
- Grave of Angels by Michael Prescott (Amazon Vine; August 7)
- Team Human by Justine Larbalestier and Sarah Rees Brennan (Amazon Vine; July 3)
- Glitch by Heather Anastasiu (Amazon Vine; August 7)
- The Opposite of Hallelujah by Anna Jarzab (NetGalley; Oct. 9)
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Moss (NetGalley; August 7)
- Dead Reckoning by Mercedes Lackey and Rosemary Edghill (NetGalley; June 5)
- Redemption by Veronique Launier (NetGalley; Sept. 8)
- Skylark by Meagan Spooner (NetGalley, Oct. 1)
- Big Sky Mountain by Linda Lael Miller (NetGalley; blog tour August 8)
- The Goddess Legacy by Aimee Carter (NetGalley; July 31)
- Consent to Love by Abby Wood (NetGalley; already released)
- Big Sky Country by Linda Lael Miller (Publicist; June 6)
- Because It is My Blood by Gabrielle Zevin (Publicist; Sept. 18)
- Love Is Murder by Sandra Brown (Blog Tour; June 19)
- A Long Way from You by Gwendolyn Heasley (Publicist; June 5)
Mother Daughter Scholastic Book Club (Publicist) - I currently have a contest running to win the last four books listed. Enter by Wednesday to get these four books for your own Mother Daughter Book Club.
- The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen
- Whatever After: Fairest of All by Sarah Mlynowski
- The Boy on Cinnamon Street by Phoebe Stone
- Tomorrow Girls: Behind the Gates by Eva Gray
- Pie by Sarah Weeks
- Glory Be by Augusta Scattergood
I Am Currently Reading....
Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne. It is a June 5 release that I received from Macmillan Children's Publishing Group. This is a dystopia about 14 kids from Kindergartners to seniors who take refuge in a superstore after a series of disasters.
I am keeping up with my review books and hope to really get ahead once summer vacation begins. Only seven days of school left for me this year.
How are you doing with your review commitments? Let me know.