Sunday, June 10, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (June 10, 2012)



Tynga of Tynga's Reviews is starting a new meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. She explains at her site and posts a Linky each week. 

I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will also discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.



This week I added four books to my TBR mountain.
Scars by Cheryl Rainfield was free for a couple of days this week for my Kindle. I have been curious about this title and decided to add it to my "read someday" files on the Kindle.

Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry is a review book from NetGalley. I have read great reviews about it and decided to add it because I need to read more contemporaries in order to be a more well-rounded reader. This book will be released on July 31.
I try to read at least one professional book each summer. This summer I chose Making Connections with Blogging by Lisa Parisi because I have wanted to make blogging part of my media lessons for a while.

The Shapeshifter's Secret by Heather Ostler was chosen because it has a great cover and I love stories about shape shifters.

These are my additions this week. What did you get?


14 comments:

  1. OOh nice!! Seen these titles around but haven't read them. Hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pushing the Limits was amazing!! I hope that you enjoy your new books!

    Kristina
    Ladybug Storytime

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pushing the Limits looks really good and I got it this week, too! :)

    Check out my Stacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read Pushing the limits so bad. I hope you like it.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got Scars from netgalley! It's supposed to be a short and dramatic book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you're going to be a very busy reader! :D It's always nice to meet a fellow librarian. I've heard really good things about Pushing the Limit and seen The Shapeshifter's Secret around the blogosphere. I hope you enjoy your new books, and happy reading! :) New follower!

    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome haul. I can't wait to read Pushing the Limits, doesn't it sound great. And I have Shapeshifters Secret, I love shapeshifters too :) I hope you get approved for Dearly, Beloved too. Thanks for stopping by my stack Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to read your review on Pushing the Limits! I've heard it's really great Great haul and thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been interested with pushing the limits and I'm already in my limit so to the TBR you go! Shapeshifter's Secret looks promising! Thanks or following me, my lovely damsel :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Making Connections with Blogging looks interesting. Let us know if you learn a lot from reading it. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pushing the Limits sounds great!! Can't wait for your review :)

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to see what you think about Pushing the Limits ..the book sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to check out Pushing the Limits too. The cover is pretty cool. I know, I know, I shouldn't, but I definitely look at the covers before I decide if I want to read the blurb.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have the Shapeshifter's Secret too! I hope you enjoy all of your book, they look great Kathy.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!