Sunday, June 17, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (June 17, 2012)



Tynga of Tynga's Reviews is starting a new meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. She explains at her site and posts a Linky each week. 

I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will also discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.



For someone who is trying not to buy books and trying to reduce the TBR mountain, I had a terrible week. But for bookaholics, I had a great week. Here are the books I got this week:
I bought Blazing the Trail by Deborah Cooke this week because it is the third book in her Dragon Diaries series. I just read the second one and really liked it. I had to know what happens next. I don't recall seeing much about this series which is something of a shame. I think the books are well-written and dragons might be the most underutilized paranormal creature out there.

I also downloaded a free copy of the collection called The Fierce Reads Anthology. This one is put out by Tor and contains short stories by all the authors on the Fierce Reads tour. I have real all the novels so it will be good to get another glimpse into the worlds the authors created. 

Finally, I got my copy of The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead. I just read Bloodlines and can't wait to read this one. 

The rest of my haul this week are books for review.
I got Eve and Adam by Katherine Applegate and Michael Grant along with a glowing letter from Macmillan. The letter was way over the top but I remember choosing this one because it was science fiction. I don't think there is enough good science fiction being published now and have high hopes for this one. This one will be released on October 2.

I got Seraphina by Rachel Hartman from NetGalley. I chose this one for its dragons. Remember, I don't think dragons are featured enough in YA literature these days. Also I like fantasies. This one will be published on July 10.

I also got The Blood Keeper by Tessa Gratton from NetGalley. I am a fan of her work. I really liked the moody atmosphere of Blood Magic. This one will be released on August 28.
Again from NetGalley, I got The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. This one sounds like a paranormal dystopian and has an intriguing plot summary. It won't be released until Dec. 18 which seems such a long time from now. 

I also got Dearly, Beloved by Lia Habel from NetGalley. I don't usually like zombie stories but I enjoyed Dearly, Departed a lot and can't wait to read this one. This one will be released on Sept. 25.

Finally, I got a lovely purple mailing envelope from Macmillan that contained an ARC of Crewel by Gennifer Albin. This one is being highly touted by Macmillan. I think it sounds like a very interesting fantasy novel. It will be released on Oct. 16.



Those were the books I added to my TBR mountain this week. What did you add to yours?

18 comments:

  1. Can't wait to get a copy of Seraphina too!

    Our Media Mail post is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niiice! I got Dearly, Beloved and The Blood Keeper this week too! About time! I requested them each several several times. Dearly, Beloved I was turned down like 4 times and I ended up sending 3 requests for The Blood Keeper because I never got any response!

    Got em now! Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo I can't wait to read Eve And Adam it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crewel and Eve & Adam both look great! Enjoy!

    Thanks for stopping by my Added to the Bookshelf Post.

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crewel sounds great!! Can't wait to read your review for it :)

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by..have an awesome weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eve and Adam sounds so different!! Enjoy Crewel, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so jealous of Even and Adam and Crewel! I asked the publisher for an ARC, but I don't know if they'll send it to me. But I hope you enjoy the books and maybe I'll be getting a purple package from Macmillan, too! ;)

    Check out my Stacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh I'm SO jealous you got Eve and Adam!! I'm so excited for that one! Happy reading! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read any of the Dragon Diaries series, but I want to. I need to read Dearly, Depart as well.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. While I am not a fan of YA books, I am definitely going to tell my niece, who is 14, about this blog. She is an avid reader and always looking for new books to read!

    Enjoy your books!
    Kristin @ Always With a Book

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in complete agreement with you about there not being enough dragons in YA books. What could readers not love about dragon especially the strong and intelligent types? Looking forward to reading Seraphina and Eve & Adam, and I hope you enjoy all of your books. :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great set! So cool that you got Golden Lily. I am so excited to read it.
    My BEA Bookish Recap

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome selections! I'm especially looking forward to The Darkest Minds. It sounds sooo good.

    Here's my StS if you'd like to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great haul! Blazing The Trail is on my wish-list and so is Eve & Adam and Seraphina. I rarely read SF, so I'm hoping it gets a raving review. If it's good I'm bound to love it!

    Thanks for stopping by my STS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for The Golden Lily! I really loved it, I hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh, I would LOVE to read Crewel! I keep hoping I'll get a purple envelope, but alas, no such luck (yet?). And I haven't read Bloodlines or Vampire Academy yet, so I'll have to wait a while on Golden Lily (do you need to read VA first? I can't tell).

    Looks like a great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome haul this week! Looks like you got some great books!

    Happy Reading,
    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2142

    ReplyDelete
  18. Eve and Adam looks really cool, I haven't seen that before. Hope you enjoy the rest of your books :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!