Sunday, June 24, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (June 24, 2012)



Tynga of Tynga's Reviews is starting a new meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. She explains at her site and posts a Linky each week. 

I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will also discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.


I didn't buy a book this week. But that didn't stop seventeen new books being added to my stack. The fall ARCs are apparently being sent. I received a bunch. I also got a number of ebooks for review from NetGalley for fall releases too. And, last but not least, I downloaded two free YA audiobooks from SYNC.

Here is what I got this week (All titles are linked to Amazon where you can find descriptions and purchasing options):

I got a couple of packages from Macmillan Children's Book Group this week. The big one on Thursday contained:
Sapphire Blue by Kerstin Gier (Oct. 30) - My ARC has a cover that matches the cover of Ruby Red. Although I have to say that I love the cover shown too.
Emily's Dress and Other Missing Things by Kathryn Burak (Oct. 2)
My Book of Life by Angel by Martine Leavitt (Sept. 4)
Miss Fortune Cookie by Lauren Bjorkman (Nov. 13)
Dead Girl Moon by Charlie Price (Oct. 30)
Safekeeping by Karen Hesse (Sept. 18)
Chasing the Skip by Janci Patterson (Oct. 2)
Foxfire by Karen Kincy (Oct. 8) - This one is a NetGalley book.
The Shadow Society by Marie Rutkowski (Oct. 16) is from Macmillan. I couldn't find a cover iamge online and don't think my ARC title is the finished cover. This one is from Macmillan too.
These three are from NetGalley.
League of Strays by L. R. Schulman (Oct. 1)
The Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke (Oct. 2)
Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson (March 12, 2013)
These are also from NetGalley.
manicpixiedreamgirl by Tom Leveen (April 23, 2013) - This one links to GoodReads. Amazon doesn't list it yet.
Beta by Rachel Cohn (Oct. 16)
Dark Star by Bethany Frenette (Oct. 23)
I have also been taking advantage of the SYNC Audiobooks free weekly downloads even though I have no idea when I will find time to listen to them. I got Irises by Francisco X. Stork this week and The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch last week but forgot to include it in my post then. You still have until June 27 to get Irises if you want it.

That is what I got. Even though I am very excited about all the wonderful books I got, I am really hoping for a much smaller collection next week. What did you add to the stack on your shelves?


7 comments:

  1. I keep forgetting about the audiobooks - I really want to listen to The Eleventh Plague. Right now I'm listening to the first Wheel of Time book...it's sooo long, 20 something hours!

    Our Media Mail post is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet books! So cool that you got Dark Star, I'm very curious about that one.

    Hope you enjoy them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, another great batch of books! I'm totally loving that you got Sapphire Blue because I just adored Ruby Red, a great time-traveling book. It's good that the cover does match the hardcover edition of Ruby Red since I was concerned it wouldn't match. Hope you enjoy all of your books! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great set! I won an ARC of Irises several months ago but still haven't read it. I need to.
    My Bookish Recap

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to manicpixiedreamgirl and Beta! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder of League of Strays is good! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to read my copy of Assassin's Curse and Dark Star sounds really good! Happy reading! :)

    My Haul

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!