Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne has made its way to the top of my review stack. I received this ARC from Feiwel & Friends back in December. The book will be released today. (Watch for my review on Thursday.)

Here is the description:
Your mother hollers that you’re going to miss the bus. She can see it coming down the street. You don’t stop and hug her and tell her you love her. You don’t thank her for being a good, kind, patient mother. Of course not—you launch yourself down the stairs and make a run for the corner.

Only, if it’s the last time you’ll ever see your mother, you sort of start to wish you’d stopped and did those things. Maybe even missed the bus.

But the bus was barreling down our street, so I ran.

Fourteen kids. One superstore. A million things that go wrong.

In Emmy Laybourne’s action-packed debut novel, six high school kids (some popular, some not), two eighth graders (one a tech genius), and six little kids trapped together in a chain superstore build a refuge for themselves inside. While outside, a series of escalating disasters, beginning with a monster hailstorm and ending with a chemical weapons spill, seems to be tearing the world—as they know it—apart.
Teaser:
"This is awesome," Brayden murmured. "Look, you can see into the women's changing rooms!"

"Focus, Brayden," said Jake. "We need the controls for the AC." 

9 comments:

  1. Great teaser!That's probably every guy's dream to see the women's changing rooms. LOL

    Here's mine :
    http://melaniesrandomthoughts-melanie.blogspot.ca/2012/06/teaser-tuesday-review-vast-fields-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last one made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I really want to try this one. Good teaser.
    --Jenese

    http://readersconfession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser! I think we all forget to tell our loved ones as we walk out the door that we love them ...and one never really knows does one?

    Here's My TT

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha This sounds funny. Great teaser!

    Here;s mine:
    http://www.bookmarkyourthoughts.com/2012/06/teaser-tuesday-june-5th-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol...typical guys! I definitely want to read this book some day...when I can find the time and have my TBR pile knocked down a bit. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog earlier!

    Wendy @ Escape Into Fiction

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!