Monday, June 4, 2012

Young Adult Blog Hop


The Crazy Bookworm
The Crazy Bookworm has started a Young Adult Blog hop. Clink the button above to add your link and find out about the hop.

This week the question is:
Have you ever read a stand alone novel that you wish had a sequel?

Stand alone novel? I can't remember the last time I read a stand alone novel. It seems that everything I read these days is a part of at least a trilogy. I think it is primarily because of the genres I read. I read a lot of paranormals and a lot of fantasy. All of them seem to have stories too big to be contained in one book.

Most recently I have read Bloodlines by Richelle Mead which begins a new series and The Calling by Kelley Armstrong which is the second book in a trilogy. I did read A Long Way from You by Gwendolyn Heasley which I learned after I read it was a companion book to Where I Belong. I liked the characters and would like to know what happens next for them. It is not a burning need but just a sort of wistful wishing.

3 comments:

  1. For years I wished 13 Little Blue Envelopes had a sequel, and then it did! Most of the realistic fiction I read is stand alone, and I'm fine with a single book. Series of more than five start to irritate me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining the hop! Great answer, I'll have to check those books out!

    Happy Reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. My students read The Outsiders and they sooooo wish there was a sequel!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!