Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday Memes: Deadly Pink by Vivian Vande Velde

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week.


Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Deadly Pink by Vivian Vande Velde has made its way to the top of my TBR mountain. I got this review book from Amazon Vine on March 23 but it wouldn't be released until July 10. So I set it aside for books that were being released sooner.


Here is the description:
Grace Pizzelli is the average one, nothing like her brilliant older sister, Emily, who works for Rasmussem, creators of the world’s best virtual reality games. The games aren't real, though—or at least they weren’t. Now Emily has hidden herself inside a pink and sparkly game meant for little girls. No one knows why, or how to convince her to come back out, and the technology can’t keep her safe for much longer.

Grace may consider herself average, but she’s the only one who can save Emily. So Grace enters the game, hoping to talk her sister out of virtual suicide before time runs out. Otherwise Emily will die—for real.
Beginning:
My mother isn't normally the kind of parent who comes to school and has me yanked out of class because she needs to see me.
Friday 56:
She continued, "I never thought...I mean, a gamer would know..." 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds geared for teens... not that this is a bad thing, just didn't grab at me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be important if mom's yanking her out now....

    My Friday Memes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, this one goes along with the purple alien from Jo's post on Mixed Book Bag!

    Thanks for participating in Book Beginnings on Fridays. I'd like to drum up some more participants, and one idea I had was this: if you are on Twitter, please tweet a link to your post using the has tag #BookBeginnings. Maybe in connection with #FridayReads, if you participate in that twitter event. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!