Sunday, July 15, 2012

Stacking the YA Shelves (July 15, 2012)



Tynga of Tynga's Reviews is starting a new meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. She explains at her site and posts a Linky each week. 

I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will also discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.



I had another good week for adding books to my stack and I got a number of bargains too. There was something unusual this week - I didn't get any books for review.
I got the first four books in the Mythos Academy series by Jennifer Estep in a bundle for my Kindle this week for less than $13 which I thought was a steal. The bundle includes First Frost, Touch of Frost, Dark Frost and Kiss of Frost.
I also bought Hourglass by Myra McEntire for $1.59 and Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake for a low price too. I have the audiobook of Anna Dressed in Blood but I still prefer to read rather than listen. I may do both at the same time with this one. 
Why didn't I know that Sarah J. Maas began releasing novellas in January to build excitement for Throne of Glass? I just read Throne of Glass and loved it enough to add it to my next high school book order and pre-order myself a keeper copy too. Tynga mentioned the novellas on her blog and I had to get them. I got and read the first three novellas - The Assassin and the Pirate Lord, The Assassin and the Desert, and The Assassin and the Underworld, and pre-ordered The Assassin and the Empire.
I got The Far West by Patricia C. Wrede this week for my print shelf. This is the third in her Frontier Magic series which I really enjoy. 

Finally, I got a keeper copy of Seraphina by Rachel Hartman. I read the eARC from NetGalley and decided I needed a copy to keep and re-read.

Those were my additions to the stack this week. What did you get?


9 comments:

  1. OOh nice! I have the Mythos Academy books as well in my TBR pile, the third one is in ARC format though! I still need to read Anna Dressed in Blood too! Hoping to read that one after my current read!

    Happy Reading!


    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have to read the prequels! I have Anna Dressed in Blood but I still have to read it although I've heard really great things! :) I'm also really jealous of Dark Frost that one sounds so good! :)

    Check out my Stacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books! I've been meaning to read Hourglass for a while now, I'll have to check out that deal on amazon. Check out my Stacking the Shelves: World of Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved Hourglass and Anna -- hope you do too. Hearing lots of good things about Seraphina. My STS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Books! I loved Mythos and Anna. Thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anna Dressed in Blood was so awesome. I definitely can't wait until its sequel is released!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Hourglass! Timepiece was also fantastic - have that one ready when you finish Hourglass. I haven't read Anna Dressed in Blood yet, but I have every intention of doing so soon. :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great stack this week. I must try the mythos Academy ones, they look interesting. Thanks for dropping by The Paperback Princesses.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!