Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Before You Go by James Preller



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Before You Go by James Preller has reached the top of my review stack. I got this one from Macmillan Children's Publishing Group last December. It will be released on July 17. Here is the description:
The summer before his senior year, Jude (yes, he’s named after the Beatles song) gets his first job, falls in love for the first time, and starts to break away from his parents. Jude’s house is kept dark, and no one talks much—it’s been that way since his little sister drowned in a swimming pool seven years ago when Jude was supposed to be watching her.

Now, Jude is finally, finally starting to live. Really live. And then, life spins out of control. Again.

Acclaimed author James Preller explores life, death, love, faith, and resilience in his first young adult novel that will grip readers from the book’s dramatic first few pages to its emotional end.
Teaser:
There was something predatory about her, with frizzy black hair, large bust, and tight pants. Even from a distance, everything about her cried, "loves sex." No, that wasn't entirely true. Because after her body cried "loves sex," the expression on her face added, "but not with you." 

10 comments:

  1. This looks really good. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow, this does look good! Love the teaser...and that cover, too.

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! Now that's a good teaser!!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow awesome interesting book and teaser. Sounds like a riveting emotional book. Adding it to my goodreads. Following also. Thanks again for visiting my TT. =]
    Michael @ The Bookshelf Review

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy...doesn't sound like childrens! lol

    Thanks for stopping by my My Tuesday Teaser

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha not with you! So true! Thanks for visiting My TT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! Great teaser! Thanks for dropping by Read@UTS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting teaser:) I haven't heard of this one before. I'll need to look out for it.
    Thanks for visiting my teaser!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!