Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Seraphina by Hartman; Team Human by Larbalestier and Brennan



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Seraphina by Rachel Hartman is one of the books I am currently reading. It is getting a lot of buzz about being the next great fantasy novel. I was intrigued by the dragons who went about in human form and how very different than humans they were. I am also finding the well-developed medieval fantasy world fascinating.


Teaser:
The music buoyed my small form, filled and surrounded me, made me larger than myself. It was the answer to a question I had never asked, the way to fill the dread emptiness into which I had been born.
She does become quite a gifted musician. She also has one major secret that she has to keep.


I am also reading Team Human by Justine Larbalestier and Sarah Rees Brennan. This one is a contemporary vampire love story with a very snarky main character who is impulsive, abrasive, sarcastic and devoted to her friends.


Teaser:
"Doesn't sound like she'd listen," Kristin said. "There are none so deaf as those listening to 'All By Myself' over and over and over again."

4 comments:

  1. Both were great but am really drawn to the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I love the second one, it's too funny!

    Thanks for stopping by earlier to check out my teaser of Slated by Teri Terry

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Dread emptiness," I'm reading about a hiker. She's walking in the desert. She's feeling that emptiness too. Trying to think of ways to fill it, Great Teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teasers! I hear both books are so good. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!