Sunday, August 12, 2012

Stacking the YA Shelves (August 12, 2012)


Tynga of Tynga's Reviews hosts this meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets.

I added seven books to the stack this week.
I added two finished copies of books I read as ARCs. I bought a copy of Glitch at a signing at The Red Balloon in St. Paul. It was nice to meet Heather Anastasiu. I even won a tee-shirt. The book is going to my High School Media Center for my students to enjoy.

I bought Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas for my keeper shelf and added a copy to my next high school book order for my students. I really liked this one and wanted a finished copy.
I bought Rift by Andrea Cremer and am planning a trip to the Red Balloon in September to hear her speak and get the copy autographed.

Exiled by RaShelle Workman was a young adult science fiction story that was free for the Kindle this week.
This was my week for book signings. Tate Hallaway was at Uncle Hugo's Science Fiction Bookstore and, besides getting my copy of her new adult book signed, I also bought the whole Vampire Princess of St. Paul series and had them autographed for my students. I got Almost to Die For, Almost Final Curtain, and Almost Everything. I do intend to read them before I take them to school. 

That is what I added to my stack. What did you add to yours?

8 comments:

  1. OOh nice! I read the first Tate Hallaway book but never really got into it as much. Oh well!

    Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books, quite a few new to me titles that peaked my curiousity. I love book signings, its so much fun to meet the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to decide if I want an e-book or physical copy of THRONE OF GLASS, since I have all the e-novellas...but the finished copy is PRETTY. LOL! I need to re-read it this week, regardless. I still need to read my copy of EXILED!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome haul! I can't wait to finally get a copy of Throne of Glass and Glitch. Enjoy your books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of Tate Hallaway's books yet, they sound good though.

    Our Media Mail post is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!