Sunday, September 2, 2012

Stacking the YA Shelves (Sept. 2, 2012)


Tynga of Tynga's Reviews hosts this meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets.

This was a quiet week for me. I just got four books. I got these two picture books to share with my elementary students:
Z Is for Moose is written by Kelly Bingham and illustrated by Paul O. Zelinsky. It is an interesting take on an alphabet book and a story about friendship.

Otto the Book Bear by Katie Cleminson is an old-fashioned sort of story about a bear in a book who leaves his book to wander around until he finds a library with lots of other book characters to be his friends. 

I also added two young adult books to my stack:
I have been hearing good things about The Unwanteds by Lisa McMann and had a chance to get an autographed copy this week. 

Lisa M. Stasse emailed me and asked if I was interested in reading her debut YA novel - The Forsaken. I have also heard good things about that book and agreed to read it (but not until November.)

That was what I got. What did you get?

12 comments:

  1. Nice! Those are new to me but I hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard good things about The Forsaken as well...hope you love it!

    Thanks for stopping by My Added to the Bookshelf Post!

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to The Forsaken too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both The Unwanteds and The Forsaken have been on my radar. Looking forward to your thoughts. My STS

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Unwanteds looks great, I love Lisa McMann as well. I enjoyed The Forsaken, though it wasn't absolutely amazing :)

    My Haul
    And check out my giveaway of Throne of Glass Here . It's international!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Forsaken. I only finished that recently and I enjoyed it. Hope you do too. Happy Reading!!

    Thanks for stopping by my stack :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard great thingd about the Unwanteds, I hope you'll enjoy it as well. Happy reading!

    Melliane – Between D&R

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the cover of Forsaken. I am going to look into that one. Great Haul! I hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice books! The Forsaken has such a good plot twist.

    Hope you enjoy your books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The two children's books look sweet. I hope you enjoy all of these.

    This Week's Book Haul on Melissa's Midnight Musings

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoyed The Unwanteds - hope you do too!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!