Sunday, September 30, 2012

Stacking the YA Shelves (Sept. 30, 2012)



Tynga of Tynga's Reviews hosts this meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets.

This was another quiet week for me. I didn't buy a book. However, I did add two books to my stack.
After seeing so much about Splintered by A. G. Howard, I had to go to NetGalley and request a review copy for myself. Luckily, this book won't be released until Jan. 1, 2013 which will give me time to read the books already on my review stack before it is released.

I also took advantage of the special on Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs. This one is free at Amazon until Oct. 1. I read this one earlier but donated my hardcover copy to my high school media center. Now I have a Kindle copy to keep. 

I really should buy the sequel Sweet Shadows but am on a book buying ban until I catch up on all my October review books which would be a fine goal except that I pre-ordered a number of books that will be arriving in the next few weeks. 

What did you add to your stack this week?

8 comments:

  1. Nice! I got Sweet Venom earlier this year, but haven't read it yet either! Splintered looks intriguing too! Hope you enjoy your reads!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mm Sweet Venom ~ heard so much about this one.. great haul! Thanks for stoppin' by!

    Keely @ Realms of an Open Mind

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard Sweet Venom is great, it's not on my TBR pile, but I will probably have to add it, since it's been popping up everywhere lately. Happy reading :)

    Siiri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Splintered looks like such a great read! I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts on it. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love the cover of Splintered. Hope you like it!
    I haven't read Sweet Venom but I have been seeing it everywhere. I think I should get it.
    Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also got both of these books this week! I can't wait to start Splintered, I love Alice in Wonderland retellings Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited for Splintered! I love all things Alice, so it's excited to see a few stories sort of loosely based on it this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo Splintered, very popular this week congrats! I have to get my hands on a copy. Happy reading! If you would like to check out my Stacking The Shelves post you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!