Here is my Review Books Spreadsheet. Yellow highlighted books are ones past their publication date that I still haven't read and reviewed. I use pink highlights for reviews due in even numbered months so that I can see at a glance how many I have for each month. Ideally, this keeps me from over-committing to review books.
My Physical Review Pile
My physical review stack has grown to nineteen books this month - seven are adult and twelve are young adult. I have a few that are past their release date and am having trouble finding time to read and review them. My reading pace has really slowed down now that it is September and school has started again.
My Kindle Review Pile
My Kindle review pile is shown in the order that I received them.
The Opposite of Hallelujah by Anna Jarzab (Oct. 9)
Thursday at Noon by William F. Brown (1989)
Dearly, Beloved by Lia Habel (Sept. 25)
The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken (Dec. 28)
Dark Star by Bethany Frenette (Oct. 23)
Beta by Rachel Cohn (Oct. 16)
manicpixiedreamgirl by Tom Leveen (April 23, 2013)
Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson (March 12, 2013)
The Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke (Oct. 2)
A Royal Pain by Megan Mulry (Nov. 1)
Running Wild by Linda Howard and Linda Jones (Nov. 27)
The Lost Prince (Oct. 30)
League of Strays by L. B. Schulman (Oct. 1)
Foxfire by Karen Kincy (Oct. 8)
Shades of Temptation by Virna DePaul (Sept. 18)
Kept by Shawntelle Madison (Nov. 27)
I Read This Month
These are listed in the order I read them. Links go to my reviews for all that have been posted already. Otherwise, the date the review is scheduled for is listed.
- Redemption (Hearts of Stone) by Veronique Launier - DNF
- Line of Fire by Stephen White
- Clean by Alex Hughes
- Safekeeping by Karen Hesse
- Cast in Peril by Michelle Sagara
- The Paladin Prophecy by Mark Frost
- Run the Risk by Lori Foster (Sept. 27)
I Added These Books
These are listed in the order I received them. Links go to Amazon. Date received and date published are listed in parentheses.
- The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse (8/27; released July 10)
- Clean: A Mindspace Investigation Novel by Alex Hughes (8/27; released Sept. 4)
- Silent Revenge by Laura Landon (8/31; releases Oct. 23)
- The Birthday Scandal by Leigh Michaels (8/31; releases Oct. 9)
- Vessel by Sarah Beth Durst (9/12; released Sept. 11)
- Cleopatra Ascending by Maureen Lipinski (9/18; releases Jan. 8, 2013)
- The Demoness of Waking Dreams by Stephanie Chong (9/21; released Aug. 28)
Shades of Temptation by Virna DePaul which was released on Sept. 18 (even though I had it on my list as a Sept. 25 release). This is a romantic suspense title from Harlequin that I got from NetGalley.
My slow reading pace has burned up all the cushion I built up over the summer. I am falling behind in my goal of reading books before their release date. October doesn't look like it will help either because I have seventeen books on my stack with October release dates and am not reading that fast.
Wish me luck!