Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Because It Is My Blood by Gabrielle Zevin

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.
My teaser this week comes from Because It Is My Blood by Gabrielle Zevin. Macmillan Children's Publishing Group sent me this ARC because I reviewed the first book in this series - All These Things I've Done. Here is the description:
“Every time I think I’m out, they pull me back in.”- Michael Corleone, The Godfather

Since her release from Liberty Children's Facility, Anya Balanchine is determined to follow the straight and narrow. Unfortunately, her criminal record is making it hard for her to do that. No high school wants her with a gun possession charge on her rap sheet. Plus, all the people in her life have moved on: Natty has skipped two grades at Holy Trinity, Scarlet and Gable seem closer than ever, and even Win is in a new relationship.But when old friends return demanding that certain debts be paid, Anya is thrown right back into the criminal world that she had been determined to escape. It’s a journey that will take her across the ocean and straight into the heart of the birthplace of chocolate where her resolve--and her heart--will be tested as never before.
Teaser:
The library was one of the places where they still had paper books, though no one ever used them. They were really there for decorative purposes. 

10 comments:

  1. ha could you imagine, books only there for decoration lol really great quote. Thanks for stopping by today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad teaser... to think that could be true one day if people don't stop with the digital age!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how sad! It's like saying it's a museum almost where you're not allowed to touch!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gasp! No one really used them! I'd live in the library if I could. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I think I'd really love this one. Thanks for featuring it today.
    My teaser is from A COLLIE RESCUE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, I understand this teaser too well. I tend to use my ereader to read more and leave my paper books for decoration.

    Here's my TT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. just for decoration?! great teaser, thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Fredamans, and it would be so sad if it happens. Great teaser and I love the cover!

    My Teaser Yuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oopps sorry for the spelling mistake!

      Delete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!