Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan has reached to top of my review stack this week. I got this one from NetGalley as an Adobe Digital Edition. This book will be released on September 11. Here is the description:
Kami Glass is in love with someone she's never met—a boy she's talked to in her head since she was born. This has made her an outsider in the sleepy English town of Sorry-in-the-Vale, but she has learned ways to turn that to her advantage. Her life seems to be in order, until disturbing events begin to occur. There has been screaming in the woods and the manor overlooking the town has lit up for the first time in 10 years. . . . The Lynburn family, who ruled the town a generation ago and who all left without warning, have returned. Now Kami can see that the town she has known and loved all her life is hiding a multitude of secrets—and a murderer. The key to it all just might be the boy in her head. The boy she thought was imaginary is real, and definitely and deliciously dangerous.

Teaser:
The howling reached a pitch that raked up Kami's spine and sent her running to the garden gate, where she stood with her eyes full of darkness. Then the sound died abruptly.

12 comments:

  1. Intriguing teaser (and blurb). Love the name of the town: Sorry-in-the-Vale.

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser! I saw this book in netgalley too, I wish I had requested it.

    Thanks for stopping by Claire's Book Corner have a great Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice tease! Love the cover of this one, so interesting! Saw it on Netgalley too but I just have too much to read as it is!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this book soo much when I read it! It is definitely one of my favourite YA reads, which is a huge compliment because I usually don't read YA! Thanks for sharing and stopping by :)
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spooky, a nice one for Halloween. Howling can always wreck my last nerve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first teaser I read for this book today, I felt like it didn't match the cover.
    Your teaser was much more appealing and was much more enticing than the other.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser from this epically awesomesauce book! Loved it!

    Here's ours if anyone is interested: http://refractedlightreviews.com/?p=9685

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teaser and cover. Sounds like this will be a good YA suspense! My teaser: A Sand County Almanac by Aldo Leopold

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teaser, this is on my 'must buy soon' list - think that might be tomorrow!

    Here's my teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice teaser! I'd really like to read this one.

    ai-books

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome teaser! I loved the Demons Lexicon trilogy and I can't wait to read this :)

    Thanks for stopping by Project to be Read :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey There! I’m a fellow blogger/writer looking to meet new people and discover great blogs, and I gladly added myself to your followers and can’t wait to read more!! I’d also love to invite you to check out a great giveaway I’m having, that I think would be right up your alley!

    Hope to see you there, and thanks so much!
    Martin

    http://www.meyersauthor.com/2012/09/5000-giftcard-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!