Wednesday, September 26, 2012

WoW: Fire Season by David Weber

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. She has a linky widget at her site each week for your post and to make it easy to find posts by other people.

The purpose of the meme is to spotlight books that we are eagerly anticipating. It is fun to take a look at what others are waiting for. I have noticed that it has expanded my wishlist though. Be warned!

I can hardly wait for Fire Season by David Weber and Jane Lindskold to arrive on Oct. 2. I am a longtime fan of Weber's Honor Harrington series and was pleased when he began writing young adult prequels to the series that starred one of the most fascinating alien characters in literature. I enjoyed the first book in this series - A Beautiful Friendship - in which humans and treecats meet for the first time. 

Here is the description of this book:
LOYALTIES TESTED BY FIRE

Fire weather... That’s what the treecats call those rare seasons when the slightest spark can set aflame the the vast green reaches they call home.

Teenager Stephanie Harrington rapidly learns just how deadly those fires can be. Guided by her treecat companion, Lionheart, Stephanie and her good friend Karl Zivonik venture into the heart of a raging inferno to rescue twin treecats put at risk by human carelessness. Only the trio’s absolute trust for each other stands between them and disaster.

But Sphinx isn’t the only thing ripe for burning. Stephanie has fallen hard for new arrival to Sphinx, Anders Whittaker. When Anders vanishes without a trace, Stephanie is at the forefront of the search. Then a lightning strike sets the Copperwall Mountains aflame and as a provisional ranger she is ordered to her post.

Will Stephanie choose to honor the claims of her planet or those of her heart?

           
A Novel in the New Space Adventure Series Set in the Universe of Honor Harrington—

Sequel to the Hal Clement Award-Winning Novel

1 comment:

  1. Haven't heard of this one! Looks interesting!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!