Sunday, October 14, 2012

Stacking the YA Shelves (Oct. 14, 2012)

Tynga of Tynga's Reviews hosts this meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets.

I had a slow but incredibly awesome week for books. I just got two.
I got Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger. I follow Shannon's blog and have been watching her progress as this book made it way to publication. It sounds like a great middle grade fantasy. I can't wait to read it and share it with my students. 
I also received a shiny red envelope containing Scarlet by Marissa Meyer courtesy of Macmillan this week. I loved Cinder and can't wait to read this next book in The Lunar Chronicles. This one is a February release. 

What did you add to your stack this week?

10 comments:

  1. Scarlet sounds good! Enjoy :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!! Seeing lots of ARCs of Scarlet today! Hope you enjoy it! I still need to read Cinder!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these Scarlet posts are making me jealous. Can't wait for that one. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to get Scarlet. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have to read Cinder, but it does sound different. :) nice to see you've enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still have not read Cinder yet! Scarlet looks like it will be a great follow up though if all the hype is anything to judge by. Happy Reading!

    My Stack

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two awesome books!! I'm super excited for both of these!! I met Shannon Messenger this week--she is completely adorable and funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great books this week. I've heard so many good things about Keeper of the Lost Cities. I need to read it soon. Happy reading!

    Here’s my Stacking The Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eeeeeek! Scarlet!! I'm pining for that one :)

    Hope you enjoy your new books, and thanks for stopping by!

    http://darlenesbooknook.blogspot.ca/2012/10/stacking-shelves-october-14-2012.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!