Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Chasing the Skip by Janci Patterson

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
This week my teaser comes from Chasing the Skip by Janci Patterson. I received the ARC from Macmillan Children's Publishing Group. It was released on Oct. 2. Here is the description:
Ricki’s dad has never been there for her. He’s a bounty hunter who spends his time chasing parole evaders—also known as “skips”—all over the country. But now since Ricki’s mom ran off, Ricki finds herself an unwilling passenger in a front-row seat to her father’s dangerous lifestyle.

Ricki’s feelings get even more confused when her dad starts chasing seventeen-year-old Ian Burnham. She finds herself unavoidably attracted to the dark-eyed felon who seems eager to get acquainted. But Ricki thinks she’s ever in control—the perfect manipulator. Little does she know that Ian isn’t playing their game by her rules.
Teaser:
If Mom could run off, leaving her job and our apartment and all her other responsibilities, I didn't see why I should keep being the responsible one. Look where all that responsibility got me. Stuck on the road with a father who'd never wanted me and a mother who'd disappeared for a month. The way I saw it, life was easier for irresponsible people.

12 comments:

  1. Nice comment. She really does feel like she is put up on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm starting to think so, too. Stress and responsability are ruining my life. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice teaser! This one sounds great - checking it out now. Enjoy!

    Thanks for stopping by my TT! Happy Tuesday!
    ~Gin @ Addicted to Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've really been wanting to read this one. Hopefully I can get it soon. Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by. Really hope you're enjoying the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Horrible, but I bet a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like she has had it a bit rough. Great teasre and thanks for stopping by!

    Vyki @ On The Shelf

    Check out my new meme Cover Crush!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I almost read the wrong author's name. I thought of James Patterson. I like the teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice tease! Sounds like the girl has had a tough life!

    Thanks for visiting my tease!


    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting for sure! Sounds like she's stuck in a hard place. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice teaser, but it sounds like it might be a very grim story.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very interesting teaser. This book sounds intriguing, so I'll definitely have to check it out when I get the chance! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my teaser!

    Wendy - Escape Into Fiction

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!