Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Crewel by Gennifer Albin


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
This week my teaser comes from Crewel by Gennifer Albin. I received this ARC from Macmillan in exchange for an honest review. I have just begun this one but am already fascinated by the world the author is creating. Here is the description:
What a tangled world she weaves...

For generations, Spinsters have been called by Arras’s Manipulation Services to work the looms and determine what people eat, where they live, how many children they have, and even when they die. Gifted with the rare ability to weave time with matter, Adelice is exactly what the Guild is looking for, and in Arras, being chosen as a Spinster is everything a girl could want. It means privilege, eternal beauty, and being something other than a secretary. It also means the power to embroider the very fabric of life. But once you become a Spinster, there is no turning back. Now caught in a web of lies and intrigue, Adelice must decide who to trust: her kind mentor, Enora; the handsome and mysterious valet Jost; or the charismatic Guild ambassador Cormac Patton. They each have secrets, but Adelice is about to unravel the deadliest one of all, a sinister truth that could destroy reality as she knows it.

In a powerful and original debut about a world where the Guild decides everything, one extraordinary girl dares to defy the power of men and the boundaries of love.
Teaser:
"That won't be an issue for you," she chirps, clearly trying to lighten the mood. "You should know that whatever you say to me stays between us."

This strikes me as exactly the kind of thing you say when you're a spy, but my gut wants to believe her, so I merely nod.

18 comments:

  1. I think she will regret the nod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser.. I love the cover to this book and will probably get it when it comes out!
    Here's my Teaser
    Ashley
    #BookNerd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...I wonder....

    One of my friends is reading this book and really enjoying it so now I'm doubly interested!

    Thanks for stopping by mine from The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie!

    http://mrscaptkirk51.blogspot.com/2012/10/teaser-tuesdays-oct-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good one. Thanks for sharing. Defintiely sounds like something someone shady would say lol. Thanks for stopping by today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep hearing about this book and I really want to read it! Would it be something a spy would say or a best friend would say? Trust is indeed a tricksy thing =P.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seeing this around, good teaser.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/10/teaser-tuesday_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, my sentiments exactly! Watch your back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An intriguing premise. Like other commenters, I don't think I would trust the speaker, either. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep seeing this on. Maybe I should start adding YA to my TBR pile. Of course then I would need bigger ladder to reach the top.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been seeing this everywhere, it has a very greek "Fates" feel to the story, I'll definitely have to check it out! Great Teaser!

    My Teaser Tuesday features Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been seeing this one everywhere. It looks good. Thanks for sharing :)

    ai love books

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great teaser!!! I want this book soooo badly. Congrats on getting an ARC. I bet she's going to regret that nod!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This book sounds so great! Love the teaser!

    Thanks for stopping by my TT.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd be a little worries about trust too. Great teaser. Crewel is going on my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great teaser! I've heard great things about Crewel. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this cover. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great Teaser! It definitely has me interested in what's going on in this book.
    Thanks for dropping by my teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Interesting teaser, wonder what's up.

    Thanks for stopping by ours at http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/10/tuesday-teasers-3-for-you_23.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!