Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Eve and Adam by Michael Grant and Katherine Applegate


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My teaser this week comes from Eve and Adam by Michael Grant and Katherine Applegate. I got this book from Macmillan Children's Publishing Group and was eager to read my first book by either of these authors. This book will be released today. Here is the description:
In the beginning, there was an apple –


And then there was a car crash, a horrible injury, and a hospital. But before Evening Spiker's head clears a strange boy named Solo is rushing her to her mother’s research facility. There, under the best care available, Eve is left alone to heal. 

Just when Eve thinks she will die – not from her injuries, but from boredom—her mother gives her a special project: Create the perfect boy. 


Using an amazingly detailed simulation, Eve starts building a boy from the ground up. Eve is creating Adam. And he will be just perfect . . . won’t he?
Teaser:
I'd really like him to get his hands off me because he doesn't know me and I'm already having personal space issues, what with the tubes and the IV.

"Chill, Eve," he tells me, which I find annoying. The first phrase that comes to mind involves the word "off," preceded by a word I have absolutely no chance of pronouncing since it includes the letter "F."

5 comments:

  1. I wish she had the nerve to say both words. I mean she's threaded up with hospital stuff. Gollee, give me a break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Heard a lot of buzz about this one! Looks like an interesting read!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting, is this boy Adam and she doesn't like the perfect boy she created? thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL maybe she'll be able to say it later. He sounds entitled.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!