Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: The Shadow Society by Marie Rutkoski

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
This week my teaser comes from The Shadow Society by Marie Rutkoski. I received this ARC from Macmillan. I chose it based on this description:
Darcy Jones doesn’t remember anything before the day she was abandoned as a child outside a Chicago firehouse. She has never really belonged anywhere—but she couldn’t have guessed that she comes from an alternate world where the Great Chicago Fire didn’t happen and deadly creatures called Shades terrorize the human population.

Memories begin to haunt Darcy when a new boy arrives at her high school, and he makes her feel both desire and desired in a way she hadn’t thought possible. But Conn’s interest in her is confusing. It doesn’t line up with the way he first looked at her.

As if she were his enemy.When Conn betrays Darcy, she realizes that she can’t rely on anything—not herself, not the laws of nature, and certainly not him. Darcy decides to infiltrate the Shadow Society and uncover the Shades’ latest terrorist plot. What she finds out will change her world forever . . .

In this smart, compulsively readable novel, master storyteller Marie Rutkoski has crafted an utterly original world, characters you won’t soon forget, and a tale full of intrigue and suspense.  
Teaser:
It's rare when you see your life changing. Usually it simply changes and you're left blinking in the aftermath, wondering how you got there.

13 comments:

  1. Great teaser pick! I definitely agree with the changing thing.

    ai love books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard nothing but good things about The Shadow Society. Love the teaser! Can't wait to get to it myself! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Teaser pick! Here's my TT (Splintered by A.G. Howard)http://winterhavenbooks.blogspot.com/2012/10/teaser-tuesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser! Makes me wonder what happened to trigger the thought ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOoh nice tease!

    Thanks for visiting mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it. I almost picked this one up last week but when forced to decide between this and another, I went the other way. I'll definitely be getting a copy ASAP though!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser, kinda true as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Graet teaser, so so true. Still need to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice teaser, the book looks like it is a good one! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my - This sounds quite good - Nice Tease!!
    This week my Teaser is from The Casual Vacancy by J K Rowling:
    http://sunnyreads.blogspot.com/2012/10/teaser-tuesday-casual-vacancy-by-j-k.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great teaser! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool picks, both. Thanks for sharing.

    Here’s my Tuesday Teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pick!! The blurb sounds interesting!! Thanx for sharing!!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!