Wednesday, October 3, 2012

WoW: Poison Princess by Kresley Cole

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. She has a linky widget at her site each week for your post and to make it easy to find posts by other people.

The purpose of the meme is to spotlight books that we are eagerly anticipating. It is fun to take a look at what others are waiting for. I have noticed that it has expanded my wishlist though. Be warned! 

I am eagerly waiting for my copy of Poison Princess by Kresley Cole to arrive. It was released yesterday. I have been meaning to read Cole's adult books but haven't had a chance. I was intrigued by this description of her young adult debut:
#1 New York Times bestselling author Kresley Cole introduces The Arcana Chronicles, post-apocalyptic tales filled with riveting action, the dark mysticism of Tarot cards, and breathtaking romance.

She could save the world—or destroy it.

Sixteen year old Evangeline “Evie” Greene leads a charmed life, until she begins experiencing horrifying hallucinations. When an apocalyptic event decimates her Louisiana hometown, Evie realizes her hallucinations were actually visions of the future—and they’re still happening. Fighting for her life and desperate for answers, she must turn to her wrong-side-of-the-bayou classmate: Jack Deveaux.

But she can’t do either alone.

With his mile-long rap sheet, wicked grin, and bad attitude, Jack is like no boy Evie has ever known. Even though he once scorned her and everything she represented, he agrees to protect Evie on her quest. She knows she can’t totally depend on Jack. If he ever cast that wicked grin her way, could she possibly resist him?

Who can Evie trust?
Now, I just have to find the time to read it! 

5 comments:

  1. I really hope you're going to get your copy soon. I'm reading this right now and so far I really like it and can't wait to see where the story goes. :)

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this one on my to-read list and I would love get my hands on it. It sounds pretty damn interesting. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing this around a lot lately! It looks pretty intriguing too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cant wait for my copy to arrive too to read it! Great pick <3


    Here is mine WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick. It looks like a good book.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!