Friday, November 16, 2012

Friday Memes: Miss Fortune Cookie by Lauren Bjorkman


Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.


This week I am spotlighting Miss Fortune Cookie by Lauren Bjorkman. I received this ARC from Macmillan Children's Publishing Group. This book was released on Nov. 13, 2012. Here is the description:
Meet Erin. Smart student, great daughter, better friend. Secretly the mastermind behind the popular advice blog Miss Fortune Cookie. Totally unaware that her carefully constructed life is about to get crazy.

It all begins when her ex-best friend sends a letter to her blog—and then acts on her advice. Erin’s efforts to undo the mess will plunge her into adventure, minor felonies, and possibly her very first romance.

What’s a likely fortune for someone no longer completely in control of her fate? Hopefully nothing like: You will become a crispy noodle in the salad of life.
Beginning:
My friends and I were riding home from school on the Muni, clinging to an assortment of slippery handholds, when Linny almost blew my secret identity. Intentionally.
Friday 56:
Mei sucked her lips into her mouth. She dislikes it when one of us says God casually. She's okay with Linny saying hella though. I love my friends, but they could be less complicated.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah a little contradicting.... hope it's as fun a read as I assume.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the premise of this book! It sounds like it's a fun story.
    My post features FLIGHT BEHAVIOR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should be right up our alley - a book about blogging!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!