Sunday, November 4, 2012

Stacking the YA Shelves (Nov. 4, 2012)



Tynga of Tynga's Reviews hosts this meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets.
This week I got two ARCs for review. I got:
Mystic City by Theo Lawrance - I got this ARC from Amazon Vine. The book was published on Oct. 9. I was intrigued by the beautiful cover and this tagline: "For fans of Matched, The Hunger Games, X-Men, and Blade Runner comes a tale of a magical city divided, a political rebellion ignited, and a love that was meant to last forever. Book One of the Mystic City Novels."

Fox Forever by Mary E. Pearson - I got this ARC from Macmillan Children's Publishing Group. It will be released on March 19, 2013. I really liked The Adoration of Jenna Fox but haven't had a chance to read the sequel yet. It is on my TBR mountain. This is the third book in the series. Here is the description:
Locke Jenkins has some catching up to do. After spending 260 years as a disembodied mind in a little black box, he has a perfect new body. But before he can move on with his unexpected new life, he’ll have to return the Favor he accepted from the shadowy resistance group known as the Network.

Locke must infiltrate the home of a government official by gaining the trust of his daughter, seventeen-year-old Raine, and he soon finds himself pulled deep into the world of the resistance—and into Raine’s life.

Mary E. Pearson brings the story she began in The Adoration of Jenna Fox and continued in The Fox Inheritance to a breathtaking conclusion as Locke discovers that being truly human requires much more than flesh and blood.
What did you add to your stack this week?

4 comments:

  1. OOh nice! These are new to me but I have seen Mystic City around! Hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the luck! *clings to it* I'd love to see it in your classroom someday if it ever gets that far, lol! I received FOX FOREVER, too. Yay us! I was just fussing with my ARCs the other day and found a copy of MYSTIC CITY I didn't know I had from work. I'll have to read that soon, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sad I can't find my copy of Mystic City. I hear it's a fabulous read! I have to go pick it up and read it. Enjoy your goodies this week. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooh, I'm so jealous! These both sound amazing!!

    Hope you enjoy your new goodies, and thanks for stopping by!

    http://darlenesbooknook.blogspot.ca/2012/11/stacking-shelves-november-4-2012.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!