Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Sapphire Blue by Kerstin Gier

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week my teaser comes from Sapphire Blue by Kerstin Gier. This is the second book in her Edelstein trilogy. It follows last year's Ruby Red and features time travel. Here is the description:
Gwen’s life has been a rollercoaster since she discovered she was the Ruby, the final member of the secret time-traveling Circle of Twelve. In between searching through history for the other time-travelers and asking for a bit of their blood (gross!), she’s been trying to figure out what all the mysteries and prophecies surrounding the Circle really mean.

 At least Gwen has plenty of help. Her best friend Lesley follows every lead diligently on the Internet. James the ghost teaches Gwen how to fit in at an eighteenth century party. And Xemerius, the gargoyle demon who has been following Gwen since he caught her kissing Gideon in a church, offers advice on everything. Oh, yes. And of course there is Gideon, the Diamond. One minute he’s very warm indeed; the next he’s freezing cold. Gwen’s not sure what’s going on there, but she’s pretty much destined to find out.
Teaser:
"It must be so dreadful, finding out all of a sudden that you're born to higher things when you can't live up to expectations." Aunt Glenda forked up a small piece of tomato from her plate.

14 comments:

  1. Ah, this one sounds so tempting! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting. I haven't heard of this book before...

    ai love books

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes very interesting tease & cover!
    Trish - My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good and I will check out the series :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh nice!! I STILL have to read the first one! Won the book a year ago, near this time probably, and I have yet to start it!! Soooo dreadfully behind on so many books!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate expectations sometimes it leaves to disappointments. great teaser, thanks for stopping by today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aunt Glenda does not sound like a very pleasant woman. Love the cover of this one! My teaser: Haven by Kay Hooper

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read this book in German, when it was published and I absolutely loved the series. To me the most adorable character is Xemerius the gargoyle! Cheeky devil. ;)
    Thanks for sharing!

    Here's our Teaser.

    Diana @ BookVenturers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never heard of this book before so thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds like a snarky comment from Aunt Glenda! Great teaser.
    My Teaser is from SLIGHTLY CRACKED.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awful sounding aunt! The cover and synopsis is fantastic though~

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooo I like that! Thanks for visiting our teaser! http://refractedlightreviews.com/?p=11342

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!