Wednesday, November 7, 2012

WoW: The Archived by Victoria Schwab

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. She has a linky widget at her site each week for your post and to make it easy to find posts by other people.

The purpose of the meme is to spotlight books that we are eagerly anticipating. It is fun to take a look at what others are waiting for. I have noticed that it has expanded my wishlist though. Be warned!
Imagine a place where the dead rest on shelves like books.
It didn't take much more than that opening line and the intriguing cover to have me adding The Archived by Victoria Schwab to my wishlist. Here is the rest of the description:
Each body has a story to tell, a life seen in pictures that only Librarians can read. The dead are called Histories, and the vast realm in which they rest is the Archive. Da first brought Mackenzie Bishop here four years ago, when she was twelve years old, frightened but determined to prove herself. Now Da is dead, and Mac has grown into what he once was: a ruthless Keeper, tasked with stopping often-violent Histories from waking up and getting out. Because of her job, she lies to the people she loves, and she knows fear for what it is: a useful tool for staying alive.

Being a Keeper isn’t just dangerous—it’s a constant reminder of those Mac has lost. Da’s death was hard enough, but now that her little brother is gone too, Mac starts to wonder about the boundary between living and dying, sleeping and waking. In the Archive, the dead must never be disturbed. And yet, someone is deliberately altering Histories, erasing essential chapters. Unless Mac can piece together what remains, the Archive itself might crumble and fall.

In this haunting, richly imagined novel, Victoria Schwab reveals the thin lines between past and present, love and pain, trust and deceit, unbearable loss and hardwon redemption. 
My wait will be over on Jan. 22, 2013.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds really interesting. I'm already a little confused, but I imagine that's the fun of a book like this. Great choice!

    new follower, Jenny
    My WoW:
    http://booksojourner.blogspot.com/2012/11/waiting-on-wednesday-3-dirty-red.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome choice! The Archived is such a great choice for book nerds! ♥ I can't wait to read this one. :)

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds really good. Thanks for the suggestion! Please stop by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already have this one on my to-read list and I would love to get my hands on it. I hope you enjoy reading it when it comes out. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!