Wednesday, November 28, 2012

WoW: Splintered by A. G. Howard

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. She has a linky widget at her site each week for your post and to make it easy to find posts by other people.

The purpose of the meme is to spotlight books that we are eagerly anticipating. It is fun to take a look at what others are waiting for. I have noticed that it has expanded my wishlist though. Be warned!

Fans of Alice in Wonderland and lovely covers will be waiting for Splintered by A. G. Howard. This book will be released on Jan. 1, 2013 and looks like a great way to start the new year. Here is the description:
This stunning debut captures the grotesque madness of a mystical under-land, as well as a girl’s pangs of first love and independence. Alyssa Gardner hears the whispers of bugs and flowers—precisely the affliction that landed her mother in a mental hospital years before. This family curse stretches back to her ancestor Alice Liddell, the real-life inspiration for Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. Alyssa might be crazy, but she manages to keep it together. For now.

When her mother’s mental health takes a turn for the worse, Alyssa learns that what she thought was fiction is based in terrifying reality. The real Wonderland is a place far darker and more twisted than Lewis Carroll ever let on. There, Alyssa must pass a series of tests, including draining an ocean of Alice’s tears, waking the slumbering tea party, and subduing a vicious bandersnatch, to fix Alice’s mistakes and save her family. She must also decide whom to trust: Jeb, her gorgeous best friend and secret crush, or the sexy but suspicious Morpheus, her guide through Wonderland, who may have dark motives of his own.
This one is on my review stack and I can't wait to get to it.

6 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy this one. I liked it, but didn't love it, as I couldn't connect with the characters. If you do, though, you'll probably love it. In the reviews I've seen, that's what it comes down to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I had a review copy of this! Unfortunately, I'm not really a fan of Alice in any form and I couldn't finish it. It was a LOT better than most Alice books though! Hope you like it!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Curious about this one too! Cannot decide on it though and seeing it on Netgalley is taunting! But I have sooooo many other books I really need to get to first! Great pick though!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for helping me add to my TBR list!!! Happy Reading! Here is my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Pick. I have seen this around. Thanks for stopping by My WOW

    If interested check out my Young Adult Blog for My WW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pick! I wasn't a big fan of Alice in Wonderland, but love the twisted, dark versions for some reason. Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!